Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Cu Chi tunnels

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 7 July 2009 | Views [394] | Comments [1]

Today we had another early start and ventured out to visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels.. The Vietnamese build a labyrinth of over 250kms of multileveled underground tunnels during the Vietnam war. These tunnels were so tiny and today most have been widened for the western tourists to visit (as we are a little rounder than the locals LOL).. We were shown an original tunnel entrance and Pete was brave enough to try it out – it was so tight but he made it... just... and it was not easy at all..

We went underground through a 90m tunnel and were exhausted, sweaty and claustrophobic.. Dan only just fit through..

and at times it was pitch black and you could see a thing.. I couldn't imagine running through these for years...


Co-located with the tunnels was a firing range and again, as boys will be boys, the only three boys in the tour all had a go. Dan shot off 10 rounds of an AK47.. Great fun to be had by all LOL..


Dan and Cu Chi tuunnel

Dan and Cu Chi tuunnel

Comments

1

oh mad ak47 heaps sick. cant believe people fit in those tunnels

  drduggazz Jul 10, 2009 5:19 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.