Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

Unforgettable Moments!

ITALY | Wednesday, 14 January 2015 | Views [462] | Comments [1]

Well, what a day! I am so tired!

 

We had to go to class early today, in order for our class to take the bus to the “Oriental Art” Museum. The old man who led our tour last week, Tom, led our tour again today. It was a very strange tour. The museum was under renovation so the exhibit we went to see wasn’t there. So that was interesting… haha

 

After the tour, Natalie, Olivia, and I headed back to school and proceeded to go to lunch together. Following lunch, Nat headed back to school to work on her paper and Olivia and I walked around for a few hours. We went to the Trevi fountain; I threw a coin in the Trevi fountain! (Backwards, right hand, over left shoulder) which means I have to come back to Rome J, then we went to the Spanish steps, and to the Basilica of St Mary Major. It was so beautiful! I wish the churches back home were made this way! They are all so beautiful!

 

We walked back to school, with tired feet, and rested there a bit while Nat worked. We decided she need a break so we went out for a treat, a Lindt milk chocolate crepe for me J After our snack, we did a little shopping, and headed to the neighborhood of Trastevere to meet our friends for dinner. The three of us grabbed drinks and apps during ‘happy hour’ and then met our friends. Nat and I shared pasta and bruschetta. It was delicious! The restaurant was so good and the workers were hilarious! When they brought our food out they brought out a plate of fake pasta, connected by a string to the plate. They then proceeded to pretend to dump the plate of pasta on Natalie’s lap. We all screamed. It was hilarious! And they gave us free dessert!

 

After catching the tram back to the center, then the bus home, we are now working on our papers and getting ready for bed. I know mine needs some tweaking but I am pretty tired tonight.

 

Tomorrow we have class, plan to go to the international market, and then we have a tour of the ‘Jewish Ghetto” and a class “Get Together”. That will be fun! But also another long day! Then packing for our weekend trip to Florence! Good thing I got so much of the paper done early!

 

Tags: crepes, friends, hilarity, memories, tours, walking

Comments

1

I love the fake pasta. That was fun for all. Do they always pick on American young ladies? Did anyone take any pictures of that, probably not since it was a surprise. I am glad your papers are coming along, it is a good thing you did get work done earlier, it pays to be prepared.

Enjoy your next few days and tours. Keep up the great adventure and fun.

Sedning lots of love, Your Mama

  Mary Jo Jan 15, 2015 2:16 PM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.