Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

Happy Monday!

ITALY | Monday, 12 January 2015 | Views [365] | Comments [1]

Well, another week has begun here in Rome.

 

On Sunday we slept in, it was glorious! After taking our time getting ready, we headed to the bus stop. And waited, and waited, and waited some more. The #62 just did not want to come. So we took the #60 to school, and grabbed the #62 down there. It worked, but it wasn’t ideal. It was sprinkling, but that didn’t stop St. Peter’s Basilica from being beautiful!

 

After a terrible and terribly expensive cup of hot chocolate, I was tired, damp, and upset from the rain and the buses, etc. Yet, when we entered the Vatican City, it was so beautiful! There were people everywhere! And there were GIANT TV’s set up all around the square. So as we walked around and took everything in, I noticed that the TV’s were starting to fan the crowd and focus on 1 window in the basilica. All the sudden we hear cheering, I look up, and there is Pope Francis, in the window, waving to us! I couldn’t believe it! He gave us a blessing, we prayed the Hail Mary, and pure joy and peace radiated around the square. I may or may not have balled my eyes out. It was so beautiful!

 

After realizing that God’s plan that morning was so much bigger than us, He meant for us to be there at that time and to surprise us, we headed back towards the center and went shopping for a bit. I got a cute pink blouse and a pair of black jeans, which I was in desperate need of. We also stopped for lunch at an Irish pub. We had nachos and fish. A strange combination. It was decent, but not as good as we had hoped.

 

We decided to call it a day and head home. When we got home we watched the “Lizzie McGuire” movie! It was so fun to relive our childhood and to see all of the famous sites we are surrounded by featured in the movie. After the movie we worked at figuring out our topics and researching for our paper. It was slightly stressful.


Next was time for dinner with our family! Artidoro came home from France yesterday, so we got to meet him! He is super fun, nice, and smart. We chatted with him about Harvard, the US, and college in general. We enjoyed tortellini, veggies, and meats and cheeses from Austria. It was a fun meal! Their friend from Paris was visiting so the number of different languages being spoken at that table equaled 3 or 4 at certain points. So fun! Also, we found out that Veronica got accepted to Oxford! So exciting!

 

So after a 2-hour dinner, we both headed upstairs to face time with our families. Then it was time to head to bed!

 

Today we had class in the morning, and afternoon class. The first block of class (9:30 – 12:30) got a little long and drawn out. During our lunch break 5 of us went for lunch at a restaurant called the “Perfect Bun”. We had burgers and fries hahaha but they were delicious! Then we had class from 2:30 to 4:00. We talked about the Shroud of Turin, which is said to potentially be the burial shroud that Jesus was wrapped in. It was super interesting!

 

After taking the bus home, we stopped at the grocery store to buy a few groceries. We got celery, pretzels, pears, apples, cereal, and a toothbrush for Nat. We wanted more things but we didn’t want to buy too much.

 

Now we are home, answering emails, researching for our paper, and we will hopefully get a good chunk of the paper written tonight. We will eat with our family again tonight, which will be fun and a nice study break.

 

Pray for divine inspiration to come on this pap

Tags: family meals, pope francis, research paper, vatican city

Comments

1

Sounds like a good day. I feel very lucky to share your trip with you. Thanks for taking the time to write your blog and call your family. I do enjoy seeing you and hearing your voice. Sunday was a great day of new experiences for you. Lucky lady.

Enjoy your family and the dinners. 4 different langauges at dinner, WOW! What fun is that.

Sending love & hugges, Your Mama

  Mary Jo Jan 13, 2015 2:10 PM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.