Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

Assisi & Perugia

ITALY | Saturday, 10 January 2015 | Views [443] | Comments [1]

Today was long day! Ooofda!

We woke up very early to get ready for our day. We grabbed some breakfast and headed for the bus stop. We missed the #62 by like 5 seconds, the #60 didn't come, and so we just took the next #62. At least we had left early enough and the buses run pretty frequently. Plus, no one was out at 7:15 am.

 

When we get to school we hopped on the bus and headed to Assisi. Nat napped, I read. We took 1 bathroom/cappuccino break and then we were there!

 

Assisi is such a beautiful little town! It sits up on the hill and looks like a castle! We saw the tomb of St. Francis of Assisi. We also saw the cathedral that is dedicated to him and the Franciscans. It was so cool! Such an incredible story- to simply give up all you have, to live in poverty, to live and love like Jesus, to reach the poor. So incredible.

 

After our torus we had lunch. Our food was decent but the service was terrible. So that was unfortunate.

 

Next, we hopped back on the bus and jumped over to Perugia. It was a more modern city, with a wall around it from the Ancient Roman times. We saw some beautiful paintings, stepped in the cathedral, saw a couple getting married, and went in the famous chocolate shops! And bought way too much chocolate.

 

We are on the bus heading home now. Nat and I had a good chat and I napped a bit. We will grab dinner when we get back and probably just head home. Maybe we'll watch a movie. Who knows? We are tired.

 

Tomorrow we are going to sleep in a bit, hopefully go see the Vatican, do some shopping, and we should really start working on our research paper. Our host brother comes home tomorrow! So that will be fun to meet him!

 

It will be nice to have a day just for us. Our classmates are all trying to plan trips to Pompeii, Florence, and Venice for tomorrow and next weekend. I am so glad we chose to just do that on the front and back end of our trip. The stress of doing it over a weekend, with homework and class, does not sound productive or fun.

 

Pray for inspiration for this paper.

Ciao Bellas :)

 

 

Tags: assisi, buses, chocolate, perugia

Comments

1

Sounds like a fun day. I look forward to your pictures, I am sure it was breathtaking to see. Getting married at the cathedral that would be so cool. They probably live in Rome, so maybe not such a big deal for them. But way cool.

I am gald you naped and chatted. those are crazy bus schedules, but you ladies are learning them well. Rest up and yes I prayed for you ladies and all my family in church today. They were going to take down the trees and holiday decor today.

Rest up and enjoy your free day.

Love and hugges, Your Mama

  Mary Jo Jan 12, 2015 7:43 AM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.