Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

TGIF!

ITALY | Friday, 9 January 2015 | Views [402] | Comments [1]

Well, Happy Friday!

 

Last night we ate dinner with our family. It started off with a very simple broccoli pasta. Then we had a delicious piece of chicken, with cranberry jam on it, a salad, and finished with fruit and cookies. It is really interesting to have a German/Italian mama. So our meal was half Italian, half Austria. 100% delicious, though!

 

After dinner, we headed to bed. However, since dinner was so late, I had to go to the bathroom like 3 times before I was able to fall asleep hard. So that was frustrating. Plus, my nose was plugged and I was coughing.


This morning I threw our clothes in the dryer, got ready for the day, ate breakfast, and we headed to school. The cereal I like here is a Kellogg’s cereal called ‘Extra”. It is like oats with chocolate and hazelnut chunks. It is delicious!

 

The bus to school is always hilarious. When we get on the bus, it is in the middle of rush hour, so we literally have to squeeze and shove with all our might to get onto the bus. It is hilarious but slightly terrible. At least by our stop the bus clears out a bit.

 

Class was fine today. I just wait for it to be over. Then we went out for lunch. We try to use our meal tickets, but that tends to be at restaurants that aren’t quite as delicious. Oh well. At least we aren’t spending money on food everyday.

This afternoon we came home to email, post photos, and finish our laundry. Nat’s gloves shrunk in the washer. Hilarious! They are like baby gloves! We about died when we were found them while folding our clothes. They’ll stretch back out, I’m sure.  

 

We will do some homework, maybe start our research paper (probably not though…) and meet our classmates for dinner and drinks later this afternoon/evening.


We have our day trip to Assisi and Perugia tomorrow. It will be an early morning with many hours on the bus. But I’m sure we will love the cities! Sunday we have chosen to stay home, instead of attempting another excursion. We should really write our papers then and rest.

 

That’s what’s going on as of today!

Hope you are all staying safe & warm!

 

Tags: class, homework, pizza, tgif

Comments

1

Sounds like a great meal with your family. It is hard on your tummy to eat so late. Sorry your cough kept you awake. Are you and Nat still sharing the same room? Or can she sleep sound?

Staying home on Sunday sounds like the best plan. That way you can rest, do laundry and homework, plus get ready for your new week. You like to be prepared and organized, so that works out great.

Maybe we can chat on Sunday again. I am not sure of our plans at all. Hopefully church and who knows what else. Text dad and we will see what happens.

I hope your Saturday day trip is fun and beautiful. I am sure that it will be. How can it not be being in such a grand place.

Love and Hugges.
Your Mama

  Mary Jo Jan 11, 2015 3:11 AM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.