Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 94 - In Transit

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 May 2008 | Views [472]

Well today was a bit of a bore compared to the last 3 weeks. Am pretty sick of toast after three days, but I think I will miss it a lot when I am stuck with rice for two months!

Just had a last wander around Kota Kinablu, which didn't take long as there isn't much to see. Then bang, off to the airport where I hoped like hell my ears wouldn't explode mid-flight! There is a recommendation of 18 hours before you fly after diving and I just made it, no problems either! Except the flight was craptastic. Whilst waiting at Kuala Lumpur I ventured a lot further out of the airport to see a small amount of "same same" for a lot of sweating! To make the wait worse I didn't have a book to read and the airport was busy, so all I could do was wander around and watch other people stress out as their plane was late. Fun times.

No problems with the second flight or at the Bangkok airport. I bought a good bottle of wine for simon and joy duty free, but I got the feeling it was a lot cheaper out of the airport as taxes arent high in Thailand. I would have given them a bottle that actually travelled from Australia but Mum used up all the import into Brunei on goon!

Simon and Joy said they would be at dinner, so I made my own way into Bangkok from the airport. It was about 10:00pm so I figured they'd be back and going to bed, but it wasn't until 11pm when they got back! It doesnt sound that late but it is when they get up every morning at 4 or 5am! We were all tired and so I briefly mentioned my travels before returning to bed.

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.