Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 93 - Definitely Doing This Again!

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2008 | Views [512] | Comments [1]

It was really rough as we headed out to a different island to start the day. I mean really rough, I got so soaked in the freezing winds I reconsidered my new found love for scuba diving. But when we pulled up on the beach it became miraculously sunny again, so other than a bit of a current we had no problems. Plus the visibility and quality of the reef was much better than yesterday. We flew through the last of the lessons, most of which were the same but at 12m deep! I was lucky not to have any problems with pressurizing as my ears were blocked out of the water. Saw a lot of cool stuff that I proudly logged into my dive book, including a cuttlefish, big groupers and a sea cucumber that looks like a giant caterpillar. Damn thing was as thick as my leg! But the best highlight of the day was seeing a giant turtle up close, especially as people pay hundreds more to get the experience at Sipadan! (another island). Definitely got me hooked and I could go on forever about all the crazy stuff I saw, but really you should just go out and do it yourself! Nothing can explain what it is like to float along in what is essentially a different world. Washing the equipment out wasn't as fun when you know that its someone else using it tomorrow. Nor was the walk back in the very heavy rain! Luckily it didn't last long and so I had a last wander around before settling in for a beer and terminator 3 back at the hotel. I was very lucky as well, the guy from singapore had an underwater camera - only one snap of me and some dodgy photos of, well nothing but still! The instructor said its a hell of a lot harder to dive using one, even if you've had 30 to 40 dives! Will post them soon...

Comments

1

Yes Christopher. Photos would be good.

PS Do you like all the comments. Good huh.

  counsell May 30, 2008 7:53 PM

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.