Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 62 - Bored and Waiting

NEPAL | Monday, 14 April 2008 | Views [470]

I had discovered that I needed to apply for an Indian Visa at the Embassy in Kathmandu - Previously I had presumed I could get it at the border easily. The embassy was closed on weekends so today I raced up, arriving just at 9:30am when it was meant to open. Of course it was a public holiday and the place was closed - not very good when I needed to pick it up by this thursday and it usually takes 3-6 days! Not too worried I decided to come back tomorrow.

Not much was happening at the office, all the new faces made it hard to find work that didn't exist. I had exhausted the small pile of books, even reading a classical shakespearian style play. Bored within the hour I headed back to Thamel, tired and sweaty from all the running around in the heat - It is so hot now! I found another good jeffrey archer book hidden in the depths of a trade store, with its price unchanged from when it was shelved years ago - only 80c plus I get 40c when I return it. Settled down in my room for the rest of the day reading and organising photos on the computer, only leaving for some chowmein and a candle when the power cut. Dont have much else to do but wait for visas and try and get organised!

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.