Existing Member?

300 faces

Day 56 - Broke

NEPAL | Tuesday, 8 April 2008 | Views [357]

Now ditched back in Kathmandu I don't really have much left to do. I was planning to do an Annapurnas trek but have plans set out for India so hopefully I can come back in November to do one.

Having spent all my cash and with no money in the atm I traded in the jeffrey archer book for some much needed rupees. It is just enough to last me for the day as I finish typing up all the blogs! Hopefully I will have more money by tomorrow otherwise I'll have to crack the emergency US 50 I keep in my room.

It is getting hot in the valley, forcing me down to shorts and thongs during the day. Im not complaining after the freezing cold mountain winds!

There is propaganda everywhere for Maoists and Tibet. I came to a deal with the hotel guys that if they can get me a decent flag or two I will buy them some of that guava juice they've been craving, when I tried to take one down I got yelled at! The young guy thats usually behind the counter was really happy as there are three norwegian girls staying in the hotel for 4 nights. He said that there are three of us (including the cook) - instant romance! But we all cracked up when his offer of tea in the lobby was rejected flat!

I discovered that my current room is right next to the small room they use for cooking, mainly dal bhat and veg curries. Gives off a sickening smell as I tried to plan my last week in Nepal by candlelight!

About counsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.