Existing Member?

This is what memories are made of

Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [550] | Comments [7]

After a hazardous start to our decent from Hanoi to Phonm Penh...actually we nearly missed our flight as we got our days mixed up, thinking the flight was tuesday but it was monday! We had organised to have dinner with a friend on the monday night and couldn't get in contact with him so hopefully he's still not waiting at the city gate in Ho Chi Minh. We felt so bad!!

We jumped off the plane in Ho Chi Minh and then grabbed a taxi to our bus. Our bus was leaving (we were late by 30mins as we were told the wrong time!) We were freakin out! A motorbike driver took coby and came back for me to find the bus. I was quite scared sitting waiting for the motorbike driver to return for me!!

Finally we arrived in phonm Penh and thankgoodness Bryan came and picked us up in a toktok otherwise we wouldvé been toltally lost! Bryan had organised a place for us to stay (that did your laundry for free!) and then we went out to dinner. We had fish Amok. YUM! best dish yet!

We hung out with Bryan and Lisa, got to see their home and team centre and also some projects they've been a part of. it was great to see an aspect of their lives and community. We had dinner together on tuesday night and had a real time of refreshment! then got in touch with Brent and Di Wilsmore and had lunch with them on Wednesday (in our lovely smelling clothes!) and they invited us to stay at their home! YAY. They're such a lovely family. Its been nice to sleep in separate rooms and have some space ready for Thailand.

We're meeting up with a new friend (Racheal) from "servants" who is doing a 5 week internship. So she's gonig to show us where she is living in the slums with a family and where Carly lived. It'll be an eye opener for sure!

Well we're off tomorrow to siem reap and then Thailand on the 24th december. Hope you all have a very lovely Christmas.

Tags: Friends

 

Comments

1

wow it was soooo good to talk to you on msn. I love you so much and can't wait to see you but I'm so happy for you that you're having such an adventure of fun :')

Glad it all worked out with the plane :)

love Katie Baby
xoxo

  katie baby Dec 20, 2007 6:09 PM

2

Hi Amy,

Still love reading about your travels. Sounds like it is both a holiday and a 'life experience'. I hope you guys have a great christmas - don't feel lonely, remeber we don't do much anyway, so your'e not missing out!!! Can you get cherries over there? Its not really christmas without cherries? How big are they? White or Red? Have you seen any wheat yet??

Love you
Haydn

  Haydn Dec 21, 2007 11:34 AM

3

So pleased to hear that you are having an opportunity to spend time with Brent and Di. If you are still there when you read this please say hi from us. Guess it is too late but..... It is all sounding quite fantastic, even the adventure with the plane. Coby, was it a great adrenaline rush or nearly too much???
Keep the stories coming please.
Love ya

  Dawn Dec 21, 2007 3:59 PM

4

did you get the recipe for fish amok. did you run 'amok' after? hee hee hee.

  she girl Dec 22, 2007 9:15 PM

5

you're not replying to our comments!! Must be a busy bee.

  she girl (aka Claire) Dec 23, 2007 10:21 PM

6

I didn't think about the fact that I could reply to you guys on here!!! Cobes showed me...oh dear...so blond sometimes.

I loved the fish amok and it did not run away with me so that's fantastic!

How was WA and camping claire bear?

  cookie Dec 24, 2007 12:12 PM

7

Oh and Haydn I haven't seen cherries personally but someone said they saw them in the markets in Phonm Pehn for like $18kg US dollars. They were from Australia! The girl bought like 6 of them! haha. It's not the same without cherries but COby and I are listening to the Amy Grant Christmas cd on my MP3 today to get in the mood.

How's the Christmas lights? Is your street full of visitors?

  cookie Dec 24, 2007 3:32 PM

About cookie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.