Existing Member?

woo HOO! "You can dream your life or live your dream..."

Villafranca Del Bierzo...180K to go!

SPAIN | Friday, 5 October 2007 | Views [1067]

family dinner in Hospital de Orbigo

family dinner in Hospital de Orbigo

The last time I wrote was over 10 days ago...I became completely absorbed with the daily existence of being a pilgrim on the Camino.  The Messeta has been tough, and my friend Giampierro decided to go back to his family (in the North of Italy) when we reached Leon. One chapter may end, but there is always a new beginning...

I continue to meet incredible people every day.  It is hard not to feel like family when you share such an intense experience. On the way to Hospital de Orbigo, I walked with Marianne (Quebec), and ran into an old friend from the road...Mark (Ireland) who is a sculptor/artist in Barcelona. The last few days I have been walking with him and a group that we shared dinner with in Hospital (Pier, Marco & Valerio from Roma, Ricardo from Firenze, Franco from Sardegna,Simone from the center, Grazziella & Giacomo da vicino Milano)...we have been moving pretty fast and walking longer days...we all go at our own pace & usually meet up throughout the day or at the albergues.  With the Messeta behind us, there is new enthusiasm (and scenery!).

Tags: Adventures

 

About connaughty


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.