Existing Member?

woo HOO! "You can dream your life or live your dream..."

...a word about faith

SPAIN | Thursday, 20 September 2007 | Views [735] | Comments [4]

my Italian family takes a rest on the way to Pamplona

my Italian family takes a rest on the way to Pamplona

So, it´s been almost a week since I started walking the Camino. At times it feels like it´s been a few months...

Words cannot express the richness and depth of this experience (at least not while I´m at a computer that´s 1 Euro/10 minutes ;-). I expected to be overwhelmed by the physical aspects of walking 25k a day and the beauty of this country, but I underestimated what a powerful impact would be made by the people I met along the way.

I have already gained and lost an entire family. Mia familglia Italiana...a group of 12 people from Rome who kept crossing my path. Each time I met with them, someone from the group would ask me to join them, and I politely declined.  Not because I did not like them, but because I believed that I came on this trip to reflect on my life, and I should do that on my own.

I met them by chance at least 4 times within 12 hours...finally I gave in.  From that moment, I became aware, or rather reminded, that letting go and accepting what life brings to you is the only sure way to happiness.  My desire to control my experience almost robbed me of those precious moments that I will now carry in my heart forever.

Sandro, Sergio, Alessandra, Angelo, Elio, Virgino, Guelfo, Cinse, Giancarlo, Dora.....much love to you all, and I hope that we will meet again!

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

Hey, Just wanted to say hi and wish you a safe trip, it already sounds incredible. Richie said you were thinking about doing it again next year. needless to say I was a little shocked, but I dont think anything can keep me from that one. Anyway, be safe and have fun.-Mike

  Mike Gisbert Sep 21, 2007 4:09 AM

2

Puedes soñar tu vida o vivir tu sueño.
Al gigante durmiente todo el mundo es una cama enorme.
Quizás todos encontramos nuestra manera.
Paz
Amor
Luz
Mariano

  Mariano Sep 22, 2007 1:03 PM

3

Ciao ciao american girl...
What a nice experience you had!! I wish I could meet your italian family...
Take care

P.S. live your dream, don't dream your life!!

  Santrine Sep 24, 2007 5:34 AM

4

Wow!! I had no idea that you were taking this journey! It looks and sounds amazing! Congratulations on following your dreams and listening to your heart. I would love to see more pics......(you look so wonderfully happy and healthy by the way)Be safe and keep in touch!

Trotta:)

  Melissa Sep 24, 2007 8:58 AM

About connaughty


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.