Existing Member?

woo HOO! "You can dream your life or live your dream..."

St. Jean Pied de Port

FRANCE | Friday, 14 September 2007 | Views [722] | Comments [1]

saying goodbye to Kauai (Kapaa in the distance)

saying goodbye to Kauai (Kapaa in the distance)

I can hardly believe it...been working towards this moment for the past 8 days.  Pam & Maddog Madden saw me off on Kauai Thursday, Sept. 6, spent 48 fun hours in Playa Del Rey (thanks Marlene & Happy 80th B-day Jack!)then on to NY to hang with family & friends.  We had a luau-themed party and drank too many mai-tai's ;-)...it felt so good to see everyone! Left Wednesday, Sept. 12 for Paris (yes, Antonio, I took pictures for you ;-) and then on to Bayonne via speed train.  Finally, this morning, I took the small carriage train to St. Jean Pied de Port- the official starting point of the Camino Frances (the route of the Camino Santiago that I am following).

Not sure how often I will have internet access, but will keep up this journal as I can.  It is a beautiful morning here- I am off to explore the town. xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooookel

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

always thankful for a plug. This site is beautifully done and inspiring - enjoyed ALL the pics and journal entries (of course, I lean towards France and its Eiffel Icon!). You are a true citizen of the world! And comfortable in it! Don't ever let your feet get glued to the ground!

  80th Jack Nov 16, 2007 5:34 AM

About connaughty


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.