Existing Member?

Connolly's Colonies

Mortality - Life's Buckaroo

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 30 July 2009 | Views [354]

You are mortal. I hate to be blunt, but there's no other way to break it to you. You have absolutely no idea at when your time will come, but you know it will. It's like the delivery man from Comet, apart from life involves a lot more awkward small talk. 

Because of this, people will tell you things "You have to do before you die" or "Live each day like it's your last, because one day it will be." These people are invariably insufferable cocks. They tell you this because they've swam with dolphins or have jumped off a cliff with only a slither of elastic stopping them from becoming substantially more two dimensional.

These people will have you doing all the things you want to do, but at each time checking your novelty watch until the little boney hand meets the big scythe and you get that funny feeling in your left arm. The truth is live life how you want it. If you want to go to Vegas, go gamble and see Penn and Teller. If you want to swim around the great barrier reef, get your ticket and leave. If you want to bungee jump, get a brain scan (then go ahead anyway).


In the end it's not going to be on your deathbed when you think of what you wanted to do in your life. It's going to be at the times when you should be doing it. If you've got yourself a dream. Take hold of it and make it real, before it becomes an echo of the life you could have had.

Love, Laugh and Live.


Connolly

About conlay


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.