Existing Member?

Europe2015

Vernazza Saturday September 26

ITALY | Saturday, 26 September 2015 | Views [285]

Looking down on Vernazza on the walk from Monterosso

Looking down on Vernazza on the walk from Monterosso

After brekky on our terrace, we set out on our walk to Corniglia. There are 5 towns that make up the Cinque Terre, a UNESCO world heritage site, and we were off to another of them. The walk followed a path on the cliffside, which gave us amazing views the whole way. The walk was about 3 1/2 km and was rated as the the most difficult of the coastal walks between the villages.

While Corniglia was beautiful as well, we boarded the train for Monterosso, where we stopped for lunch. Chanced upon a great little cafe for lunch that was beachside, giving us great views of prominent features and out to sea. Sometimes we need to pinch ourselves to tell us this is real! 

After a nice lunch we headed back for Vernazza. Whoever rated this mornings walk as most difficult is kidding themselves. The climb out of Monterosso was all stairs and just about vertical. The path was very narrow and more rugged than this morning. There were an amazing amount of people attempting the walk who perhaps shouldn't have - footwear or general health being amongst them.

Felt pretty satisfied we had done the walks and the fitbit showed over 20,000 steps and 194 flights of stairs for our day. 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.