Existing Member?

Europe2015

Madrid Saturday August29

SPAIN | Saturday, 29 August 2015 | Views [215]

Today was culture day!

We started another beautiful day in sunny Madrid walking to the Museo del Prado. We spent 4 hours immersing ourselves in artworks by Goya, Rubens, Titian, Rafael, Velazquez, Van Dyck and many others. Col's favourite was Rosales who unfortunately died aged 37, while Scott studied the history behind paintings where they depicted events of the time.

Lunch was purchased at a deli catering for locals (lesson from day 1 heeded) where you either stood or sat eating and drinking. Beer on tap and wines available with lunch all for less than €10l from a deli!

We were pleasantly surprised on our return to the hotel where we were reunited with our luggage just in time to dress for dinner and a show at Corral de la Moreria, the most prestigious venue for top flamenco performers and we weren't disappointed. Scott's description was powerful and sensual, while Col's was raw, primal and dramatic. Think tap dancing on steroids with theatrical body movement and expression. Lucky enough to be seated next to a couple from Georgia USA who interpreted the Spanish commentary for us. Another great day was finished with a stroll under moonlight back to our hotel.

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.