Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Deck The Halls

CHINA | Tuesday, 25 December 2007 | Views [679] | Comments [7]

Another year where Christmas doesn't really feel like Christmas. I guess that's what happens as you get older and everyone starts to move away and do their own thing. I miss it, though. I miss decorating the tree, listening to Christmas carols, hoping it snows, wondering what Santa is going to bring me, stuffing my face with Grandma's delicious cooking, then passing out in front of the television watching football. But mostly I miss my family. The way we were. I tend to get very emotional around this time of year so please forgive me. I think it's the beer talking. I think one day before everyone gets too old, I would like to have the whole family back together again and I could cook up a feast and it would be splendid!

Even though the Chinese don't really celebrate Christmas, there is still plenty of festivities. They put on their best rendition of a Christmas party that they can and I can appreciate that. I'm glad I'm not working for a change. I'm thankful that I have the privelage to do what I am doing right now. Seeing the world with my own two eyes. Tasting the world. Everyday I feel like a new person. I couldn't ask for a better gift. I wish I could give it back to you tenfold.

Anypoo, I wish each and everyone a safe and warm Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If there is anything to be thankful for it's the fact that you know two of the coolest women on planet Earth.

Tags: Family

Comments

1

I'm wishing you both a very Merry Christmas! I wish you were here with family but I think what you are doing....seeing the world....is very awesome! Do something nice for yourselves today and know that your friends and family wish they could do it for you. By the way, if I had a way to send you no-bake cookies, I would!!!
Love you!

  Wishing you were here Dec 25, 2007 9:14 AM

2

Hey there! Its dad wishing you both a very Merry Christmas!Love and miss you both.What do the chinese eat for christmas????

  dad Dec 26, 2007 4:12 AM

3

Aloha,
MeleKalikimaka. Have a safe christmas and goodnewyear. What are yourplans for the nextyear? I miss both of you and hope to see you guys soon. Mel, happy birthday. Love Dad

  Steve Hong Dec 26, 2007 7:52 AM

4

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and Mel !! Even though you are a world away, your presence is still felt by your families and you are cherished (big hug). Celebrate the New Year and know I will be thinking of you. Love, Mom

  your mother Dec 27, 2007 5:20 AM

5

Merry Christmas to you both, hope it was a good one.
Missed you at grandma's Christmas dinner as it sure was
good. Look forward to you being home next year, especially if you are doing the cooking. (HA HA) Grandma needs a break as her back has been giving her trouble
and she has been in a lot of pain. Enjoy your travel
guide reports and look forward to the next one. Be
careful on New Years and don't over do it. Love you,
Grandpa B

  Ralph Bryant Dec 27, 2007 8:10 AM

6

Jeez, I miss you Mook, KUNG HEE FAT CHOI!! G-ma had to take Tiff around at Andrew's weddding and introduce her to everyone. I'm not sure if she was the "token" haole or asian. The food was great, she said, but no one knew what they were eating except Tiff, at her table, the chicken had it's head still on. I'm still LOL. I do not want you girls to go to Miymar/Burma. It so not safe, please, don't go there. Love you lots, mom, Haole Mahiki Hou!!

  Mommy Hong Jan 1, 2008 6:26 AM

7

Hey ladies. HAPPY NEW YEAR! We really wish you were here with us. Keio is so sad without you. Call us soon. Stay safe. We love you.

  Tiff,Chris,Keio,Cooper(yes,we still have the bunny) Jan 1, 2008 5:08 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.