Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Feeling Low In Hangzhou

CHINA | Saturday, 20 October 2007 | Views [589] | Comments [5]

As soon as we stepped off the train and got on the Y2 bus we knew we were in for a real treat. This place is gorgeous, maybe that's why they call it "Heaven On Earth". We had excellent weather, too. After we checked into our hostel, we walked around the lake for a bit. Took pictures. And watched the sunset. How romantic. Then we went to eat at Hooters. We weren't going to mention this, but I reckon it's relevant to the story. Let us explain, first off...we were getting tired of Chinese food, go figure. Secondly, Mel had never been to one. Third, we wanted to watch some sports. Everytime someone new walks in the door, all the servers yell, "Hallo Wecom to Hutahs!". It's kind of funny. Then the dance they perform for everyone....LOL...maybe you'll have the luxury of seeing it on video someday. The only sports we saw were reruns of Yao Ming playing basketball. And that's all I have to say about that...oh, on our way out we stopped to use the loo, which is CLEARLY marked for men and women. I'm walking towards the ladies roo, and I here a noise so I turn around and it's the custodial worker pointing at the men's door. I just looked at her and smiled. Then cried myself to sleep that night. 

*thunder rolls* As night falls so does Courtney. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Let's just say I'm another statistic of good ol' T.D. So I spent the rest of my time here in bed, watching movies or on the loo. Oh, and in the hospital. Don't gasp for air Grandma. Thankfully, we had help getting around the hospital. I had to get two days of IV treatment. And they were a long and mundane two days! Poor Mel. She got to go exploring, walked around the entire lake and up a pagoda. Took some lovely pictures, too. But the Chinese won't let us share them with you. Sorry. Guess someone should've bought one of us a PC before we left. 

We stayed an extra day here just so I could get better. And thankfully I am doing much better..WOOHOO! That liquid hot magma is officially Solid Gold, baby! 

But this place was nice. Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted to .... We are on our way to Shanghai tomorrow.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

Lil' 'Un! How are you, I cannot believe you got sick. I fucking love it that the custodial worker pointed to the men's bathroom...you know if I was there I would have peed my pants laughing at you. I hope Mel is well, let her know I say What's Upo. I will keep checking this journal to hear about your crazy ass tales.

  C.Smith Oct 21, 2007 6:53 AM

2

Hi Ladies! What a bummer that you got sick, Courtney. I hope you're feeling better. I guess that's what you get for eating at a Hooters in China...I think they're better with chicken FEET, not chicken WINGS! Mel, we miss you a lot. We're hoping you come home earlier than what you estimated. It's been fun reading about all your adventures. Be safe and take care of each other. Love you!!!

  Tiff Hong Oct 21, 2007 3:08 PM

3

I'm glad you enabled commentary on this bloggeroo. How else will I make snarky comments?

Did you have to give anyone a stool sample? Craig says they have no concept of Temperature Danger Zone in China. Wait, did I already tell you that? Meh.

Do they have to wear the same costume at the Hangzhou Hooters? Christie's employee manual was strict, as I recall.

  Amber "Equals Awesome" Bryant Oct 22, 2007 1:04 PM

4

Well I just wrote you an email prior to reading this blog and I'm sorry to hear that your sickness worsened! What a pain in the ass, literally. Wish I could be there to give you a hug. I hope you are both healthy from now on so you can truly enjoy your experience. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

  Erin Oct 24, 2007 7:33 PM

5

Mel and Courtney,
Sounds likeyou guys arereally exploring everything. Melpopo is95thisweek.
Sheloves her18inch TV that you folksgave her. Sad to hear that you got sick courtney, Drink chicken soup, chinese chicken soup. Got to go take care
Love Dad

  Dad Oct 29, 2007 4:45 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.