Existing Member?

The Minority Report Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you'll die.

Dazed & Confused

CHINA | Sunday, 14 October 2007 | Views [408]

I have ALMOST come to terms with the fact that it's nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep while on this trip. *cries* If it's not someone packing, the lady making the bed or construction across the street, then it's all of the above. 


This city is enormous! I mean it's huge! It's like being lost in a maze full of a million people, numbers and symbols. One minute we're walking down the street and everything is poor, dingy and tarnished. Houses look like they were built with their own bare hands. People sitting on the street chopping and washing vegetables to sell at their food stalls. And the next minute we are in the middle of the street dodging taxis, bicycles, buses, cars and people outside of gigantic office buildings. It's just a completely different world over here and I'm thankful for everything I've been given in life. Because these people barely have anything. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find some old clothes of mine on somebody else's back.

Walking here is impossible. It took Mel and I over 2 hours to find a pub for happy hour. But it was an exciting conquest to say the least.


Oh, and getting to the right train station to buy a train ticket out of this place we were unsure was even going to get accomplished today. Everyone we asked told us to go somewhere else. *sings "to the left, to the left* Every where you go it's not there, it's the next one. I'm starting to think we are in the twilight zone.

Anywho, tomorrow there is a Canton Fair, whatever that means...and then on Monday we will be taking a train for 23 hours to Hangzhou. Hip Hip Hooray! And I used to think an hour and a half train ride to Munich was long...pppppppppphttt!!!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.