Existing Member?

she is everything A journey thal helped me help myself and the people and animals I met along the way.

Sharing Stories - A Glimpse into Another's Life - She is everything

PORTUGAL | Thursday, 11 April 2013 | Views [292] | Scholarship Entry

When Carlos asked her what she wanted in this life she answered EVERYTHING!!! He told her that she was crazy she couldn’t have everything and would have to make a choice.
He was filling the room with the sound of her guitar and his voice, while she was singing in the background just to herself – as always. It was late and she went home, she took a deep breath and just crawled into bed.
The next day she was allowed to wake up late since she was working the lunch shift in the cafe. Lately she was oversleeping not to realize that her life was meaningless and that she was alone in the big old fancy house in the heart of Tomar.
She used her favorite trick to wake up, an orange followed by a long boiling shower with lots of body scrub, a self-massage and hair conditioner. This would make her feel whole, relaxed and clean all in one.
Without any warning not only tears were streaming down her face but she started to sing as loudly as she could. The song was Andorinha da Primavera by Madredeus, her new favorite portuguese band.
«My choice…my choice is to do EVERYTHING!!!»
She dressed herself and went to work like it was nothing. Once Paló came in and told her it was so sunny that he was about to miss the rain, she began to cry and never stopped until the sun came down that day.
«EVERYTHING, PLEASE!!!»
One month later she disappeared; she started to traveling and working as a volunteer In Europe. Little by little she found everything she was looking for with only a bagpack and a smile in her face.
She would stay one month or two living with complete strangers and becoming a part of their lives. She would help them in little tasks specially to maintain their daily routines and to keep their minds out of the earthly problems. Whenever she felt she wasn’t needed she would move on to the next place.
Living like this was giving her life experience, friends and time.
But one day she realized that those people were helping her more than she would help them. And that was the dey when she decided to stay.
She wrote postcards to the family telling them that life was good once one finds everything – HIMSELF/HERSELF.
« I am a butterfly, I am an artist, I am everything… »
She was happy, in love and completely free in one place.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About cloide

Hello inner peace

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.