Existing Member?

Where's the bear? South India, Sri-Lanka, Thailand, Veitnam, Cambodia, Laos, Austraila....

Cambodia...Crossing the boarder at Koh Kong

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 8 May 2008 | Views [608] | Comments [1]

..6 Buses and alot of hours later I arrived in Hat Lei which is the boarder for Cambodia from Thailand, it was very starnge and being on my own was a bit scary, I had to get my visa...I took one step over a painted line in the middle of the street and I weas In Cambodia, very scared I got my phone out ot try and call Jessie but it didn't work and I wasn't allowed back over the step, suddenly I had people swarming around me begging, limbless people, I was the only white girl, a man took my bag put it in my taxi and then begged me to give him money but I refused and closed the door to which he took my bag out of the boot and started running with it, so I ran after him screaming and shouting and eventually got it back, I had about 10 little children begging at the car doors, but I told the taxi man to drive and off we went...I had no idea where I was going and I don't even really know if my taxi driver was a taxi driver. Anyway, eventually I ended up at my guesthouse and it was such a relief to see the girls!

The next day we got on three motorbikes and went to a waterfall and swam and then it started to pur down with rain so we got back on our motorbikes and went back, it was very scary and the rain was very strong and there were no helmetsn and the bike I was on kept breaking down and we had to go through rivers and very dangerous roads on them...we all got back in one piece though.

We went to a desterted island the next day, it was about an hour away from the town, we went on a very tiny little boat, the waves were very VERY big and scary, our boat man was MAD, we crashed once, but again..we got back in one piece!!

We are now in Sihanuok ville, it's a bit touristy here, we are staying in an English run guest house, met some people there who I know through other people and so on, had a full English breaky this morning which was AMAZING!! Just went to a nice beach, the waves were massive.

It rains everyday here, which is quite refreshing after being in such intense heat for two months...but it's still very humid.

Next week we are going to teach art in a school for a week or two, volunteering and living with Cambodian poeple.

It's wierd being in a place like this again, like in India. We have to start being really careful about everything, like water and meat and washing our hands and all that...but I can wear wierd clothes again, so thats good! :)

Lots of love.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

1

ahh motorbikes! sounds scary please be careful girlies, the volenteering sounds good, hope your having an amazing time! x x x x

  alana May 15, 2008 8:31 AM

About claire-winder


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.