Existing Member?

Round the World in 301 Days As long as we can just keep putting one foot in front of the other, well make it.

Beijing

SWEDEN | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [627] | Comments [5]

There at last, and suitably impressed!   If i didnt know that they were hosting the Olympics here id think that this had always been one of the most tourist orientated and cleanest places ever.  I feel, however , that theyve simply organised one of the worlds largest 'sweeping it under the rug' approaches to tidying ever.  Still, cracking bunch of locals.  Saw very little yesterday due to being exhausted and not arriving until after 4 in the afternoon, but today was another story.  The Forbidden City.  Very big indeed, but interesting and colourful from start to finish.  Off to a park with a big hill now to try and get a look at the whole city from on high - this place is MASSIVE and geating my bearings is proving quite a challenge!   

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Glad to hear you both made it safely and that you are having a good time. Enjoy, speak soon, love Mum xx

  Linda Feb 28, 2008 3:39 AM

2

you smell like wet dog.

  sam the random insult factory Feb 28, 2008 4:45 AM

3

It was FANTASTIC to speak to you yesterday - makes you realise how wonderful mobile phones are when you can call from the highest point of the Great Wall. xx

  Mum Feb 29, 2008 8:28 PM

4

dad says (this is sam) you are being a bit slack with your updating. No photos uploaded, no comments. everyday? i told him it wouldnt happen HOWEVER he stillw ants to hassle.

Hope all is well from teh sawmill

  dad Mar 1, 2008 9:27 AM

5

Now have your web page christopher. Great to be able to follow you about. Hope keeping this diary does not become a chore for you.

Did leap day pass uneventfully!!!!!!!!

  kate and co Mar 1, 2008 11:17 PM

About cjmurdoch


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.