Existing Member?

One Way Ticket

From my death bed, know that I love you all

GERMANY | Thursday, 4 April 2013 | Views [290]

Frohe Ostern everybody! Hope the break was super :) We headed back to the Deutscher Dom on Tuesday and got out the audio guide this time. It was awesome and really interesting, do a bit of shopping after then decide to head out for burgers. SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT. For highly recomended burgers I was upset. We then went to an extremely weird bar which everyone seemed like the could turn around and kill you but we felt too awkward to leave until a bunch of teens walked in and the heat was taken off us.

Next day we went to the Deutsche Technik museum. The museum of technology. So awesome and so huge. It had all trains and nazi trains and royal trains. Alex and I wanted a turn at testing the train breaks but some little shit of a kid wouldn't give anyone else a go and his dad was all encouraging him even though he would be a terrible train driver coz he didn't even know how to break well! All the passengers would die in this stupid kids train. Then there was the photography part of the museum which had like every camera ever and cool 3D photos and a weird hologrammy thing. The next level was on drugs and chemicals and you could simulate fireworks yay! Thenext level was movies and film and this level was my favourite. You could watch one of the first films ever which was the beheading of queen someone. I dont know how good effects were back then but I sure hope I didn't really watch someone die...

There was also an exhibition on ships and planes and had real life ones inside the museum! It was just soooo massive. I was genuinely getting tired from this museum totally worth it though. There was also an exhibit on wind power and you had to try and plan where you would put your windmill and stuff! Or try and power light bulbs by winding it yourself. By the time we left we'd been there for 5 hours! And we were famished. I was going to try and cook curry tonight but I could find curry paste so we just thought we'd try and make schnitzel sandwiches and some how. Just as with everything else we've cooked. This was awful too. Haha.

 

We headed out to the bar we went to on Monday night because the bar tender was Australian and invited us back again. It was really fun and we made friends with the bar staff and they gave us free drink. I tried to speak Spanish to some guys who spoke Portugese and Italian haha and Alex became good friends with the bar people.

 

I went for a long walk the next day and discover a mini golf restaurant in our area which will cool when the snow fully melts then I come home and we go see Les Miserables. Alex didn't really want to go but I wanted to see a film in the sony centre and had heard it was good. Part way through the beginning I realised that they sang THE WHOLE TIME. And I became slightly regretful of my descision but actually it was AWESOME. It was so good. Even Alex loved it! No regrets whatsoever - go see it now! Had some amazing indian for dinner.

 

We woke and planned to go to the Animal park today but when I pulled open the curtains it was snowing again!! Noooo! So sick of snow. Change of plan, Jewish museum instead but when we got there, the line was already really long so we continued on the the Berlin Gallery of Modern art. Such a good find! It was incredible. So really amazing art. Though it was annoying coz we wanted to watch all the short films but everytime we went into the room the same half hour film was playing. It was too bring to sit through so we only got to see 3 of the short films and a lot of the stupid last film.

 

The next day we meet up with Juliane and 2 of her friends and we head to a town called Guben which is right on the Polish border. We are picked up by Juliane's boyfriend Julien and her friend who we met before Cornelius. We will being staying at Cornelius' house this night for a party that he is having. First he takes on a tour of his tour and then drives us right into Poland woop! We go shopping in Poland then have a delicious lunch there. Then head back and some of us have a nap in front of the fire whilst the others get the party ready ;) The party was held at like a communtiy band rehearsal space. It was very cool and Cornelius was an excellent dj. We got to speak to lots of people and I practiced my German. The only problem was everyone smoking made my throat really very husky. We caught a cab home at about 5 and had a very solid sleep. We had easter brunch with everyone the next morning which was delicious, we took the gorgeous dog lyla for a walk and we saw deer along the way! Then we went and cleaned up after the party and headed on the one hour and forty five minute drive home. We went back to Julien's apartment and watched a movie and luckily he lives very close to us and we could walk home!

 

In anycase on Monday I woke, deathly ILL. I couldnt talk really and was coughing my lungs up. So right up till today I have been dying on my sick bed. Made it out to Juliane's for a healthy dinner on Tuesday night but haven't been able to do much since. Also because of a fear of relapsing into Glandular and then Chronic Fatigue and then death. On the plus side I think I've developed a six pack from coughing so much. I feel bad for our neighbours. It's not the most sound proof of apartments. I aspire to be better for tomorrow and we can go to the museum ALSO we learnt that the tunnels we looked for don't actually exist anymore!! Damn out of date Lonely Planet. We shall look else where for bunkers.

About cjjane


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.