Existing Member?

One Way Ticket

Burger meister

GERMANY | Thursday, 11 April 2013 | Views [316]

So I have lived through my sickness, and despite producing the worlds supply of snot I am pretty much healed - Hallelujah!

This means that we made it to the Jewish museum, which was incredible. I honestly can't recommed it enough. Every last detail was thought out and meaningful. Every empty space, every corner of the building. Each part of the exhibition was on an axis, like the axis of exile etc. There was one room where you put on headphones and walked in front of what was a shiny, black wall and as you moved along the wall voices whispered or yelled at you, or asked you questions, or you just got static. It was really scary and powerful. There were ten thousand faces cut up out of metal that you walked along in one room that represented all the innocent victims. There were so many parts of it that were just amazing! I hope to go back.

 

The next day I woke up not feeling super, but we got up and printed off all our tickets and stuff then I went for a bit of a shop. The cold wasn't very good for me though :( Later we met up with Juliane and got Burgermeister which was DELICIOUS. Then hung out at a friends house till late. Though it was crazy coz as we went to leave Juliane, who hadn't been feeling very well, fainted! We were all very worried and made sure she stayed the night there.

 

The next day we went to the famous East Side Gallery. It's 1.3 km of the Berlin wall all covered in some incredible art work. It was annoying though how people had just tagged all over some amazing and really important pieces of work! It was still really good though. On the way home I went to go pick up my bag and see how Juliane was. She was feeling much better and I stayed for a delicious dinner :) After we bought some beers and got ready to go out. I had been wanting to go to Panorama which is one of Berlin's best clubs. Oh. My. God. I now know why. It was near the east side gallery and in an abandoned mansion... We were frisked as we went in and randomly bumped into our neighbour Simon! The place was freaking huge. With giant industrial chains, massive windows, iron steps and big open spaces and heavy music. There was a giant metal swinging platform and multiple dance floors. We left at six thirty in the morning, walking out into sunshine and also to see people only just arriving and lining up to get in. We caught a cab home with Simon and went to bed when it was nice and Sunny. Later in the day I went over to Juliane's as Alex went to pick Mon up from the airport. I slept at Juliane's and watch a German crime show :P

 

Monday I caught the city into the city with Juliane and went on a free walking tour. It was SO good. Urgh, I just loved my tour guide so much, he knew everything. I also couldn't stop laughing at the classic Americans on my tour with their backwards hats who I overheard say things like (at the car park which was the site Hitler killed himself); "Guys, car park is parking lot - you gotta know the queens english." Boy did I lol. I learnt soo much on the tour! Also my guide was from England and was all like O. M. G. when he got a text that Margaret Thatcher died. After the tour I headed back to the apartment and finally said hi to Mon! Woo. We went out to dinner for Indian and had cocktails called Fruit Fucks which were delicious and the waiter asked for my number and I awkwardly ran away hahah. Then I fell into a food coma.

 

Tuesday we got kebabs and headed into the city centre.Weow. Went to the giant shopping centre and wandered around though they were packing up a little market thing that I had hoped would still be open nooo! Then we headed to the Turkish Market which Mon had got the times wrong for and was closing up as we thought it was opening haha. But it was lucky we did go when we did because we ran into a friend of Alex's! They didn't even know each other were travelling and it was their first day in Berlin! They're staying two stops away from us - small world! Then on the walk home I went to spit and a man ran into me. :( it was awkward and now I have a bruise on my nose. (ALSO SPITTING IS ACCEPTABLE HERE - don't judge me!!! I'm still sick!!!).

 

I woke up to do my washing the next morning (hassle :/) then we headed out to the botanical gardens. The weather was shit but the gardens were RAD. The hot house was huge and everything was there. It was like a maze of place from tropical and carnivorous to Australian bottle brush and wattle (we didn't travel all the way to Germany for this!) But it was so awesome. Rooms full of Cactus' and giants gold fish. Such a super and warm way to spend the day :)

About cjjane


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.