Existing Member?

One Way Ticket

It's finally warming up

GERMANY | Thursday, 28 March 2013 | Views [298]

It has been an eventful week. Whilst on the train to Munich, our third and final train broke down. We waited for an hour for an alternate train to take us the rest of the way and there after 5 years I got to meet up with Juliane again! Just in time for her 21st birthday (which isnt such a big deal over here but oh well!). Juliane picked us up with her friend Jonas, I gave her a big hug, a flower and a really shit card I made on the train (pov lyf). Then she drove us back to her house. It was all really familiar and amazing to be back again! Everyone greeted me so warmly and said that my German was much improved from last time - yay! We sat and talked and lots of people came by to say hi. We were pretty tired though after dinner and hit our beds asap. We woke up for a tour of Munich in the morning (Jonas came too as he hadn't been to Munich before). I remembered a fair bit of it and it was soooo much warmer than Berlin with a top of 7 degrees (yay...?). Later we started setting up for Juliane's birthday celebrations, dinner and drinks all night. Alex was designated drink mixer. It was such a fun night and so incredible to be back in berlin and see a lot of people who were around back in the day! It was a late night but I was worried because we had to catch the mitfahrgelegenheit in the morning so I went to bed at the sensible time of 4:30 (which is a sensible time here, most people stay up all night).

 

We were in the middle of our traditional weiss wurst breakfast when the call came that our trip home was cancelled :/ This was stressful - we were supposed to see foals that night!!! We rang around with no luck so we welcomed to stay another night in Munich. Then at the last possible moment we got a call that a guy would take us! It was so lovely to say see you soon rather than good bye as we dashed out the door. We had a stressful time finding the car and I became super bitch and "lost my shit" just a little. Then we had the most cramped 7 hours of our lives. Though I was pleased to find that all the people in the car were varying degrees of normal. Though for the majority of the trip I was next to the guy who burped quietly in his sleep. We were luckily dropped right out the front of the Astra Kulturhaus moments before they came on stage with absolutely no money on us but we at least had the tickets. Foals were amazing though and all the stress was worth it. The venue was so cool it hurt.

 

The next day we booked our tickets to Amsterdam and had the worlds most DELICIOUS BURGER. It was awesome. We made friends with a guy from London. We planned to go to the Tunnels the next day but in the morning Alex wasn't feeling well so I headed out on my own. I made it successfully to the station but was unsuccessful in finding where the effing tunnels were. They sure were a super secret tunnel system. Or maybe I just shouldnt be in warfare ever. In anycase I ended up buying the most amazing nuss-nugat crossaints and 2 pairs of shoes hurrah! Though on the way home I got inspected and I done my ticketing wrong :/ oops luckily some other guy was causing such a fuss I just got of validated and jumped back on - the public transport karma I have now is all used up. We went bar hopping that night found some too cool for school bars.

 

Friday was take two at trying to find the tunnels (was inspected again on the way but had a valid ticket - karma plus one!). Once again these stupid tunnels alluded us and in the snow we just headed to the nearest sandwich joint coz I was gonna kill someone if I didnt eat. We gave up on the tunnels went for another shop then headed back to prepare dinner. We made some horrible pasta which I greatly regret but next time! We went out after dinner and even arriving after 12 we were unfashionably early. I met a girl who had just come back from Australia and spent a lot of time chatting to/ at the lady who gaurds the bathrooms. I dont know what time we left but on the way home Alex's phone got pick pocketed. He ran off in one direction and I threw my new heels off and sprinted in another. It was a kerfuffle. In anycase we didnt catch them and headed home extremely stressed out. The next day I was very, very unwell and someone had built a roof one metre above the floor that everytime I tried to get up I smashed my head on. And our one activity we managed was getting to the police station. Which was an intimidating and stressful few hours. Alex also had call insurance etc etc.

 

The next day was much more fun when we head out to the market! So much crap and what not about that I just wanted to buy it aaaaallllllll. The market was massive and there were people everywhere. We got lost in it for hours! Once our feet start to lose sensation from cold we head home. Once again we forget that everything dies on Sundays so it's breadrolls for dinner again and I got a crossaint yay! I go for a walk and realise how close we are to the city! It'll be nice to walk in once it warms up.

 

Monday is sensible monday and we hit up the laundromat, super market and I go shopping again and buy a bag :D I vaccum and then we head out for a walk. Find a cool park that backs onto the museum of technology and play in the park for a bit. We try to cook dinner again, carbonara. It was awful. We head out to a bar, the bar girl is Australian and invites us back Wednesday night, meet some Americans then head home, grabbing a kebab on the way to make up for the terrible pasta.

About cjjane


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.