Existing Member?

Ciaran and Ruth's Worldwide Adventures

Gone Shopping

JAPAN | Tuesday, 26 June 2007 | Views [679] | Comments [5]

We started the day with breakfast, Ciaran ate in Subway, and Ruth had a croissant and hot chocolate in a french cafe.  Then we hit the shops.  We headed straight for Ginza, the Japanese equivalent to Park Avenue.  The shops are amazing with similar prices to Ireland.  The people are so fashionable and unbelievably courteous.  We both had a pastry for lunch in a restaurant overlooking the main street in Ginza. Tokyo is so relaxing and doesn't seem at all crowned, and really, really clean.  After lunch we walked to the Sony Headquarters to see their latest products.  We also saw the latest Apple products in one of their shops and the lastest Nissan Micras in one of their showrooms.  Now it's time for dinner!

Ciaran & Ruth

Tags: Shopping

 

Comments

1

Hang on one second. Who's the third person travelling with you both? "...Ciaran ate in Subway, and Ruth had a croissant...." Don't tell me yee have hired some modern international little sherpa to carry your bags, reference the lonely planets and for an extra fiver a day, write up this blog. Does the little sherpa get to sleep at the foot of the bed? I demand photos of the 3 of you in action.

  Joey Jun 26, 2007 6:10 PM

2

Hey-yis! I like the food detail - subway for brekkie though?! Ciaran i hope you're going to try the local cuisine now ;-)
Have fun...

  Jane Jun 27, 2007 12:57 AM

3

Glad to hear from you both. I hope you will have a nice dinner (McD). Try some Octopus Pizza. I heard that it is good for your health especially when you are tired, it will rejuvenate your mind and body.

  Jimmy Jun 27, 2007 1:53 AM

4

It sounds like you're having a marvellous time:-) Ginza is gorgeous. Did you buy anything there? It's great the way Ireland prepares you for what's supposed to be such an expensive city...

Keep the messages coming:-)
Magenta de la Renta

  Maria O' Leary Jun 27, 2007 11:10 PM

5

Hi to you both. Sounds like you are having a great time. Nice to see that ye are making shopping (and eating) a priority!

Keep us posted.

Edel

  Edel Jun 28, 2007 6:02 AM

About ciaranandruth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.