Existing Member?

Volunteering in the DR

Still looking....

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Tuesday, 5 May 2009 | Views [290] | Comments [3]

Oh dear. Still house-hunting. I walk through the town asking around for an empty (and livable!!) house. There are so many empty houses, but the owners do not rent them, either they live in the capitol and come back for vacation or they are just too afraid to rent. Afraid the house will get trashed. I almost did have a house - but thankfully I got out of that sticky situation. I was on my way to sign a contract and to give up a years worth of rent (a lot of money for me!) but after hearing from so many people that the house and owner were a bit tricky and very problematic, I decided to go with what the chisme was saying and back out. So now I am back to looking. I have already bought a fridge and stove and a blender, from another volunteer that just left, and it is collecting dust in my room. Plus, my dog that my other friend is watching. I just need a roof. Who knew it would be so hard? Everyone I ask gives me the same look of "good luck - houses are scarce here" but I am trying not to lose hope on having my own place, after all, I have to make use of that fridge and stove I have just sitting in my room, unplugged and without a gas tank.

Comments

1

First!!!!!

  lety May 6, 2009 2:47 AM

2

hello dorkus...unlike my older sister, i do not care about being first because the most important thing is that you know you are loved and missed. if only i could hug you once more...

---bq

  becky q. May 7, 2009 3:41 AM

3

Paciencia siempre ha sido uno de tus atributos. sigue tratando que estara una esperando por ti. se que las muchachas tendran muy buen tiempo contigo donde quiera que esten contigo. saludos y aprovecho para desearte un feliz cumpleanos,

Te quiero

Tia Lety

  leticia quintanar May 8, 2009 3:01 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.