Existing Member?

Volunteering in the DR

Wrapping up

USA | Friday, 17 October 2008 | Views [339] | Comments [3]

I have to pack today. On Saturday I am going back to the capital for a few days, and then I am off to visit my future site. Wherever that is. Who knows. It makes for an anxious me. These last five weeks in the campo just flew by. It is a mixture of events and stores that I wish I could write about every day. Hopefully my pictures will be able to paint my new life here in the DR. That is my goal for this weekend, to find a computer center that can take all of my pictures.

Have I mentioned how every song imaginable is mixed into a bachata or merengue song? Try looking up MJ´s Billie Jean in a merengue mix. It is so funny, yet very catchy. Try dancing to that with a straight face.

Comments

1

Ok. waiting to hear more, and find out where you are going to be for the rest of the TWENTY FIVE months that you have to be there in the DR. That means that you are an expert at dancing bachata? Your papa says Hi and sends kisses!!

Your mama!!

  mama Oct 17, 2008 1:02 PM

2

Whoo hoo! ! As you would put it. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and captions!
(*_*) ^j^ :) : ) But no pressure.

As a house warming present for your new place do you want us to send you some rat traps. :{

As always, you shoud know by now.
Lydia

  Lydia Oct 17, 2008 2:32 PM

3

HOLA SENORITA :)

IVE ENJOYED YOUR STORIES FROM DR....IT CRACKS ME UP WHEN YOU MENTION THE HEAT, HUMIDITY AND MOSQUITO BITES.....MY TIME IN PUERTO RICO WAS ALL THAT AND THEN SOME, LOL.....GLAD YOURE ADJUSTING AND THINGS ARE WELL......SO WHEN DO WE GET TO VISIT!?

  HENRY Oct 18, 2008 1:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.