Existing Member?

WWOOF Chile/Argentina

May 12

CHILE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [173]

by this day we had already attempted to visit the neighboring strawberry farm a few times, but the farmers hadnt been home until today. we chatted with them for a little while and i got a mini tour of the farm. then the wife (Clamira) gave us some amazing pan amasado (hand kneaded freshly baked bread), and it was heavenly. afterward, we drove south again, far enough to get to the next paved highway after the stretch of unpaved dirt road. we ended up in cobquecura, the biggest (yet still small) town he’s taken me to, so we could pick up some groceries at their small supermarket not available in the open air markets we had previously been to. we picked up a little old lady in buchupureou, on our way to cobquecura, because we saw her waiting at the bus station, and max knew she probably didnt need to go too far. She said she had just missed the bus and would have had to wait another 40 minutes or so if we hadnt given her a ride. after groceries, we did a little driving tour around the town and i saw more leftover quake/tsunami damage. then on our way back to his home we stopped in a small spot called Pullay, where some friends he knows own a beachfront hostel. we stopped here so he could finally get his first surf session in. i walked around the property (there was plenty to explore) and examined the owners little garden in late fall-stage. we barbequed again that night because the evening was particularly mild and quite lovely.

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.