Existing Member?

WWOOF Chile/Argentina

May 13 & 14

CHILE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [207]

i’ll mention now that every morning we have been having super leisurely breakfasts, sitting around his dining table and talking over coffee for a solid 2-3 hours. on top of the fact that we arent evening sitting down for bfast (brunch) til 11am or later sometimes. once i finished the dishes that afternoon and whatnot we went to the beach at curanipe so he could get some surfing in. again, while he surfed i spent my time exploring the beach and scenery, hanging out with my thoughts. and i got to chat(facetime) with dad! i turned the camera around for him to get a look at the town, which was fun. we barbequed yet again that night, and then for the first time since i’d been here we did some serious star gazing, for hours, that night. we were carrying chairs around with us and parking them in different locations around his property. we’d sit for a long time looking up at the incredibly clear sky. sometimes we’d be chatting, but there were also long periods of silence while we waited and observed. i saw at least a dozen shooting stars.

we had another epic leisurely chat-filled breakfast on Thursday, and then i finally got to check out the beach below his house. it was beautiful!! again i hung out and explored while he went surfing. it was neat to finally see his house from the beach, instead of me looking down at the beach from his house. the sunset was just amazing, but really it has been quite thrilling most evenings. we had a lovely dinner that evening, and he opened a particularly nice bottle of wine to celebrate my first week at the casa-faro/lighthouse, which is what he calls his home here. not only from being a writer/photographer/philosopher/mystic surfer (his words), food and wine enthusiast,  he is also a mondo music enthusiast and one thing ive been enjoying immensley since being here is his awesome sound system and all the great new/old/familiar/unfamiliar music he has been playing for me. in highschool he was a dj at a roller rink!

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.