Existing Member?

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: one girl's quest to see the world

Nairobi is hot (and other obvious comments)

KENYA | Friday, 18 December 2009 | Views [898]

Hello, dear friends!  I have made it to Nairobi and am simultaneously relieved (my bag made it too!) and on the brink of falling apart.  It turns out that two red-eye flights back-to-back is a terrible idea and I haven't really slept now in nearly three days.  Add to that the heat here (a nice respite after chilly London, but still too hot for the fleece-lined pants I"m still wearing) and the terrible airplane food and I'm tired, sweaty, stinky, and hungry.  The perfect combination for a foul mood. 

So instead, I'm chugging water while catching up on emails at an internet cafe, then tracking down lunch, and heading to the train station.  I have an overnight train to Mombasa, a Swahili town on the Indian Ocean where I will finally have a bed and shower for the first time since leaving Boston on Wednesday.  Yep, I told you I'm stinky.  And my hair is less than cute.  All in the name of adventure, right?

More from Mombasa...

Tags: kenya, planes, stinky, trains

 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.