Existing Member?

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: one girl's quest to see the world

Modern dance and other fun in Hamburg

GERMANY | Thursday, 12 July 2007 | Views [376]

So my long day in Hamburg is winding down and I thought I'd check in with a brief report. As per David's suggestions I took a tour of the Rathaus (city hall) this morning and seriously, this building is *gorgeous*. Also hit up an exhibition on Otto Dix at the Bucerius Kunst museum, took a boat tour around the Alster harbor (despite the incessent rain!), and climbed up to the top of St. Michael's Cathedral. A great day all in all!

Then tonight I hit up the Hamburg State Opera house to see a performance by the Ballet... wasn't really sure what to expect but I can guarantee this wasn't it! It was called 'Parzifal: Episoden und Echo' and was a combination of ballet and modern (mostly modern vocabulary but danced in pointe shoes and mostly turned out). It was definitely cool but I have no clue what truly was going on as there wasn't a bit of program text in English. Perhaps I'll figure it out online when I get home. Definitely a great performance though. 

Heading back to my hostel now and taking a shower before bed. Then tomorrow it's on to Berlin! Hope everyone is well. Am really starting to miss people (and you know, saying more than 15 words in the course of a day!).

Tags: dance, germany, hamburg

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.