Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

Business Away Days

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 20 March 2017 | Views [964]

When you're as in to travel as much as I am, getting tied down to the one place can feel a little depressing when you've found you haven't been away for a good few months. The biggest barrier that many of us face when it comes to travel is getting the money to be able to go away, and the other side of the coin comes in the fact that being reliable for a job is what allows you to make more money over getting up and leaving after every few months.

I believe that travel is good for everyone, and there is value in having your surroundings changed every couple of months. Obviously, if you own a business, making this change is massively impractical, but with the ever growing popularity of business away days, here are some places in Scotland you could consider visiting with your colleagues to learn the value of both team work and an environmental change.

1)     The Cairngorm Mountains

This mountain range in the North Eastern Scottish Highlands offers some of the most dramatic and atmospheric scenery in the world. The Munros in this area make the region massively popular with hillwalkers and so-called ‘Munro-baggers’. If you’re looking to get a sense of achievement amongst your employees, marching them to the top of one of these hills gives them a view of the horizon and a sense of achievement that is tangible.  Be sure to make use of the handy hillwalking sites when planning a trip.

2)     Isle of Skye

Arguably one of Scotland’s most popular out-lying islands, Skye is a must see spot for tourists. Thanks to the road bridge getting there is easier now than it ever was, and great for those in your team who might suffer from sea-sickness from the ferry ride. There’s plenty to do to bring your team together here, such as first aid training and outdoor activities, not to mention the stunning views that are offered across the Island.

3)     Room Escapes

Room escape puzzles have become really popular across the UK, so you can probably find one in your nearest town. It’s hardly the height of travel, to be fair but even an afternoon away from sitting at your computer can help dissipate your wanderlust, at least a little bit. There are several highly regarded room escape companies with locations across the country that you can contact for a day’s visit.

4)     Perthshire

In the Perthshire countryside, you’ll find the Nae Limits Company, who specialise in team building exercises for those who like doing things in the outdoors. They cover a range of activities across white water rafting, wilderness challenges, and even mini highland games events. The town of Perth is only a short distance away, making it convenient if you’re looking to do an overnight or decent travel connections.

Rural Scotland offers a lot to keep employees happy, and if you’re trying to hold down reliable work before doing some more travel, these kind of away days can stop you from getting itchy feet and let you save money. Obviously, you’d want to ensure that your boss has proper protection for employees in place before you commit to any of these things. As any seasoned traveller will tell you, going away comes with risks, even if it’s with your work. 

Tags: hillwalking, outdorr, team building

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.