Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

Why Scotland offers great home renovation opportunities

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 22 February 2017 | Views [679]

For the savvy renovator, Scotland always has some fantastic opportunities on offer. From derelict castles looking for a new Lord, to country houses at knock down prices, not to mention quaint cottages and open plots of land for you to make your mark on, there really is something for every level of property developer looking for a challenge and to turn a profit. With the pound being at its lowest valuation for over three decades, the UK really is becoming an ideal target for overseas investors.

Check out these amazing investment opportunities in Scotland:

The Old Church of Bona

Situated in Inverness in the Scottish Highlands, the Old Church of Bona is a C grade listed building offering a unique opportunity to acquire a building of historical interest presenting a blank canvas for a multitude of uses. This property is already wind and watertight, which means it offers a superb renovation project. Soak up the tranquillity of the surrounding area with views to Loch Dochfour from the bottom of your very own garden grounds.

The Beeches

Ever wanted to own your own Victorian villa? Now is your chance. This grade B listed property in the fashionable southside of Glasgow is just four miles from the city centre amongst other high calibre detached and semi-detached family homes. Built circa 1900 the property is set over two levels and is believed to be the work of famed Victorian architect, Henry E. Clifford. The property is in need of a full renovation however, meaning that it requires extensive renovation work to its inside and outside. Set in extensive gardens, the property would make an excellent set of flats.

Stronvar House

Currently on offer in Balquhidder in central Scotland, this 14 bedroom traditional Scottish mansion house surrounded by beautiful country side close to Loch Voil is up for sale. Sitting at the gateway to the world famous Loch Lomond and Trossachs national park, Stronvar House is the perfect project for anyone with the desire to restore this house to its former glory with the possibility to turn it into a commercial property. Dating back to the 1850s, the house has seen a former life as a country house hotel and tea room, something which could easily be reinstated following renovation work.

Eco-house

Less of a renovation project and more of a fantastic opportunity for a new home in Montrose, Aberdeenshire. This plot of land set amongst rolling hills and fields, features planning permission for an eco-friendly four bedroom home set across 1.3 acres. This could be a great new home for anyone looking to get away from it all and live in a remote Scottish setting, or for someone who cares a great deal about the environment as the home is designed to a high standard of insulation and specification, with an energy performance that far exceeds current standards.

Tags: aberdeenshire, home, scotland

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.