Existing Member?

Travel Journal Chloe and Henry on the Indochina Loop

"Lady, you want tuk tuk?"

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 14 July 2009 | Views [312] | Comments [3]

If I hear one more driver ask me if i want a tuk tuk or a moto I think I might scream! No one seems to understand why people want to walk anywhere. I met an english girl this morning who was having the exact same problem - trying so hard to decline politely but having difficulty doing so when you have been asked 20 times in 5 minutes. Just chilling out in an internet cafe for an hour after having spent the whole morning walking around the city. Walked up to Wat Phnom which is the only hill in the city, then went to the central market and then back to the Palace just to look from the outside. Didnt go in as it looks very similar to the Palace in Bangkok and I think I need a bit of a break anyway. Going to chill here for an hour and then head back to the hotel to read my book. The boys have gone to the killing fields so I imagine they will be ready for a quiet night as well. Tomorrow we are taking a slow boat down the Mekong River to Chau Doc in Vietnam. We will probably stay there for a night before moving onto Ho Chi Minh. This is a nice enough city but I am more than ready to leave. Once you have seen the sights and learnt about the history, there is nothing else to stay for. I only wish I could take my hotel with me but I'm sure there will be amazing places to stay everywhere.

I probably won't have internet in Chau Doc so it will be 2 days before I can blog again. Hopefully my phone will work again in Vietnam.

Lots of love to everyone :)

Slightly weary but still very happy and chilled traveller xxx

Comments

1

Hello weary girl
Not sure when you will pick this message up but hope you have had a bit of a rest on your way down the Mekong. You'll be glad to take a break from city life and hopefully as you go up the coast of Vietnam you will find some lovely villages and beaches to chill out in/on.Missing you very much but knowing you are having a great time and that the Holmes wanderlust gene is well and truly planted in our Cla. xxxxxxxxxxx

  mummy Jul 14, 2009 7:00 PM

2

Hi Chloe, hope you don't mind me having a peek at your blogs. You are obviously having the most incredible time and making the most of every place you visit - I am green with envy (a nice change from being 'red with pednor loop', which I did with mum yesterday. The limit of my adventuring was Hardcastle Crags in Yorkshire at the weekend - you win!!
Loads of love, Sian xx

  Sian Harrison Jul 14, 2009 9:48 PM

3

Hey clo!

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time! I am so unbeleivably jealous, i want to go so much!Unfortunately I am stuck at school writing the dreaded personal statement, which Zack managed to get out of :) I have been talking to Zack on skype so i can safely say that he is perfectly safe and happy and misses his big sister!

I hope you continue to have a lovely time and are happy and safe,

lots of love xxxxx

  Elodie Jul 15, 2009 3:00 AM

About chloe_in_asia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.