Existing Member?

here, there and everywhere traveling around the world stopping off at some places and passing through others

bobbing in the dead sea

EGYPT | Friday, 30 November 2007 | Views [967] | Comments [1]

bobbing in the dead sea

bobbing in the dead sea

from petra we drove north to the dead sea which is 30% salt.  what a strange experience, firstly we went to a resort style complex with pools and restaurants...and a jordanian dj 'pumping' REALLY LOUD arabic pop songs which all the guys were dancing to, linked arms, dance steps and all...hmm. (no girls, they either weren't allowed or they had better sense!)

It was a strange experience being in the water, it felt normal when you walk in but when you try to swim you just float right on the surface, like a cork, its hard to keep your legs and feet down!!  You dont need to tread water when its too deep, you can just float, feet down, bobbing about....so weird!!!

i must admit, i felt a bit like a salt lick when i came out, luckily there were no deer about!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

The thing they don't tell you about bathing in the dead sea is that the salt concentration makes it quite slimy - a bit like getting into a luke-warm bath full of spit. Oh and it will make any tiny scratches you have sting like nothing else.

  stowaway May 16, 2008 2:30 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.