Existing Member?

Chris' most awesome journey

"Indiana Jones" Chris is back!

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 14 July 2013 | Views [493]

Siem Reap:  Today was a semi-leisure day.  I got up at 8am and eventually made it out to the War Museum.  If you are a military buff, it is worth the trip out there to see some of the old Russian, Chinese and US arms, tanks, etc that were used here during the civil war as well as during the Pol Pot regime.  Then it was back to the hotel for free 30 minute foot massage that was included in the price of the room!  After that, my feet finally forgave me for the torture I put them through the day before.  Three thirty rolled around and it was time for “Indiana Jones Chris” to take his 18 minute helicopter ride.  I was a little apprehensive since I have never been in one before nor knew the norm for Cambodian maintenance.   I was lucky enough to sit in the pilot’s seat.  The pilot sat in the co-pilot’s seat but all of the instruments were on his side so I guess he knew what he was doing.  We took an aerial tour of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Angkor I don’t know.  We landed safe and sound.  I had an early night since tomorrow was my “Sunrise” day at Angkor Wat.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.