Existing Member?

Uganda be kidding A detailed account of my experiences and travels through the thicket of malaria education and else.

AFRICAN FAULT LINES ADJUST:

UGANDA | Saturday, 30 June 2007 | Views [771]

A tremor. A shaking in a storm of rain and mud and lightning. In my banda, one of us thinks this shimmy shake is a Giant, pushing the walls from outside. But that's absurd! One of us thinks this is it. The end of the world. The impending apocalypse has arrived. We are to forever be adrift in the chaos of the crater opening the middle of the nile to swallow us up. .24 degrees above the equator, an earthquake hits Uganda in a wild whirlwind rainstorm. So, no Giant, no apocalypse, just the shaking of the earth reminding us how very small we are. I already feel small. Soon i will be teaching rural Ugandans about malaria and mozi nets. "The female anopheles mosquito bites you at nighttime transferring the malaria parasite into your body" Meanwhile, at home base, the mzungus that arrive in overland trucks, dance atop tables well into the night, putting themselves in harms way of spider bites, malaria and a cornucopia of STDs. a fine balance.

Tags: Misadventures

About chesterface


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.