Existing Member?

Uganda be kidding A detailed account of my experiences and travels through the thicket of malaria education and else.

Week One

UGANDA | Sunday, 10 June 2007 | Views [511]

I have been back in Jinja for a week now and things are slow but steady. My cousin arrives today, no doubt making my slightly dull week seem like a distant dream. I will be busy, from what i can gather. So far, I have met a bunch of cool people...after I stopped being reclusive, I met two couples, both on versions of their honeymoons, who are traveling for 6 months or more. The first couple was my favorite, they met in Australia, working at an asparagus farm in the middle of the outback. They then traveled together in caravans, across the country, and now, they are married and traveling the world together. The other couple, also pretty neat, are traveling the world on a slightly larger budget...they are going to the galapagos, in addition to the rest of the world. It;s very inspiring. Maybe I should work at an asparagus farm in the middle of nowhere. Then again, I had better stay in the present. It rained all morning today, making the dirt roads slick mud paths. Walking from one campsite to another is rather a challenge as is just walking. The heavy rains are deafening when in the banda. It has a tin roof which heightens the sound so much its hard to hear my thoughts. My thoughts are not too thrilling anyway. There is this Swiss guy, a traveler, who has been in West Africa for the past 6 months and is now traveling through East Africa for the next 6. He went bungee jumping yesterday. He is very manly and quite handsome. His accent, though, is uncannily like Bruno, the gay fashionista character of Sasha Baron Cohen's, that its a little disorienting. He is funny, though.

Tags: Misadventures

About chesterface


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.