Existing Member?

Biking trip

second bad luck

FRANCE | Thursday, 14 May 2009 | Views [419]

Thought would be a early morning, but no got on the bike at 9h30 and came back a 2 km to get to a water source. 5 km later in a down hill I did hit hardly a stone on the road and well my back tire went flat.... nice start. I wanted to change the tripe and repair the other one later but my spare tripe was to small, yup made a bad when I bought it, how stupid. So let repair. Found the hole put some glue and the patch checked it and seem good. Once down hill, flat again. A well must have forgot a spot. Found it patch it and checked the entire tripe correctly for other hole. Seem all ok. Few kilo later, once again its loosing air. $£%&* now, stopped and with a bit of my water left I found out that where my patch was I was loosing a bubble of air. More glue more pacth,no more bubble now all good to go. About 5 kilo later £$%$£ the tire soft again. Ok got 38 km to reach the next down. More I was carrying on more the delay between each time I was blowing the tripe was shorter and shorter. At the end was each km a stop. 5 km from castellan I found a place to sleep and lets finish that tomorrow it enough for today.


5 km, 4 time I add to blow the $%$£ tire. Found the shop where I could buy a new tripe, but lucky like I him, she didnt have the correct one. A little smaller one. So arrkk add to buy that one. At least the place was nice, castellan is a pretty little town that I would not like to see in high season.

Went in the park to change the flat tire, and time to go, gonna have take digne les bains wait since the other wait there no town at all for a long long time. Still add to make 80 km before I reached it, but good thing else then the first 10 km all the rest was practically downhill. Found myself a camp site once in digne and the 2 charming lady at the desk told me where to find the shop, set my tent and left all the stuff in it and went to buy some stuff, 2 tubes, 2 set of break , gaz,repair kit, and also a mummy sheet for inside my sleeping bag. On my wait back I bought myself a good beer. Changed the tube, took a nice long shower drank the beer and falled asleep.


80 km on that half flat tire, ouch I felt it correctly in the morning, my legs told me hey there do you remember how you came all the wait here, yea it me that did push you will you where sitting on your ass. I add to listen to them, I was in a bad shape, let call it a day off. Still went to the park to sit on the grass and played some poi. That about it.

over all, was shit on the moment, but after you thing again and wasnt so bad, more fun to talk about a unlucky day then a good and easy one

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.