Existing Member?

Biking trip

canne and friend

FRANCE | Thursday, 14 May 2009 | Views [491]

Back in canne, found the hotel where Laurent and Carol stayed after an hour of turning in circle...

they werent there yet like they said so I took the time to eat my left over and a bit after I heard in my back a Criss de tabarnak if its not math !! (criss tabarnac is some quebec word bad word use for nearly anything) So here was Laurent, we took all the stuff up stair at the apartment and Carol with the 2 kids Noa and Ethan the younger arrived a minute after. It was so nice to see them all again, been over a year. I also meet Thomas a friend of laurent that work with him on some video project.

We talked all night long till bedtime. Saturday, we went to some of there friend , we bought lot of veggies and some nice fresh fish that we grill on a nice fire. We add plenty of wine, lot of cheese and a fresh strawberry and mint soup for dessert. Yummy. It was a brilliant night with lot of fun. We stayed outside till about 12h30 and went back to the appartement, where we left the kids,thomas and carol, laurent and me went to the milena a pub laurent know from 10 years ago. Same people was owning the place we took 2 beer there and close time so we went to see for another pub but was all disco place where we got refuse entrance cause of our clothes... yup welcome in canne. Was praticly better we bought a 6 pack and went on the beach drinked 2 there and drank the last one on the balcony of the apartment. Sun was coming so time for bed.. took a look at the time before crashing, 5h45 am. 8Am I was up since we were suppose to bring thomas to the airport. But instead carol went and I took care of the kids while laurent was still sleeping... sunday was a hard one....


the few more days with them was more quiet, they were busy with some project and they add a few meeting and also a reunion for a birthday of a friend. So I took it easy on my side, fixed some stuff on my Ipod, bought me some new pants since mine were dying and well wednesday was time for me to leave.


I Hate saying goodbye, with Noa telling me math I love you, I dont want you to go. So well add to get on the bike and go. First day biking in a wild and how to have a good start by loosing urself on the way. Couple road were bike are not aloud so add to go around and what suppose to be the best with a nice cyclist route, well any other route, that one got me in the industrial section of I dont even know witch town... tried to go trough but ended in a dead end came back and no it wasnt indicate took another road that brought me to another dead end at a cemetery... I saw a car going on a dirt road a bit before, went there and looked further, was going back on the tar after few meter so took a chance. Almost fall when in a freak hill (about 25 degres down) when I did hit a hole and my front back that wasnt clip correctly fall in front of me. The road was so bad I decided to go down on the side of my bike. Luckily I came back on the road I was suppose to be on. The only thing is this time it was saying 10 km to grasse instead of earlier of 8 km. So well was a little detour... 7h30 I was in bed, 8h30 I was definitely sleeping.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.