Existing Member?

Canada Trip Life is what you make it, so make chocolate cake :)

They're Coming

CANADA | Tuesday, 2 February 2010 | Views [483] | Comments [1]

and the mascots are chilling out

and the mascots are chilling out

Ok, so I'm sitting here again... same spot as before, and same thoughts as last time- how do I start this.
I guess you are all a little curious about my fractured elbow... right?? ok the news is... I am doing fine, I dont need to have surgery and I am staying here. I have a bionic arm and will do for at least 4 more weeks... I had Xrays done this morning and they are showing up all good news. I am moving it and using it a bit. The only thing that has the doc worried is the tendons running down the inside of my elbow, they are not healing properly yet, but she said she will see whats going on in 4 weeks time, and go from there if they havent got any better.
We now have a lot of what I call them hanging around... they are "smurfs" blue coated black pants Olympic Volunteers, good people but in a group yeah they look funny. I know with out them the Olympics would struggle... but they look soooo funny, when I see them next will take a pic and you can see what I mean.
House... is full. But full with a good bunch of people I have Linda as a roomie, she is ok, never shared a room I guess, but she will soon learn that organisation is key... the house has a good crew this time, no immature little teenagers hanging around... the place is clean and the older group is chilled out with everyone.
The Village has changed a lot in set up for the Olympics which is LESS than 2 weeks away, it looks good, but it is very confusing... trying to get about the place with out walking into cut off zones. Then you got all the military aircraft and helicoptors flying about for security and stuff, so so much is going on now. Its exciting! and IM HERE :)
Well tonight I am going out with some mates to watch the hockey and play some pool, I might even shout a drink to the mates that I wouldnt change for the world, they really are awesome.
It has been warm here of late, when I say warm... I mean its been in the positive numbers lol but we got some light snow overnight so the place is looking all whits and pretty... we are at +4 degrees and here I am in my hoodie and a tshirt lol about to put my hockey jersey on and go out lol :) but im so sure we will hit a bout of the biterly cold again soon, the -10 to -20 degrees, I been told to look out for the cold snap.
I have been working 4 hour shifts this week I go to 6 hours next week and will stay at 6 hours till the arm brace comes off and I do some physio so prolly another 6 weeks till im back full time, but the patience is now key, I really dont want to mess up my elbow for life.
I won tickets to local Ice Hockey today from the local radio station which is pretty sweeet, I go pick them up on monday :) excited much! only the second time I won something off the radio station! but cool!!
Well im gonna go, I will take some pics of the village over the next few days and put them up. show this place off so you can all see the little awesome place that I live in which is about to burst with excitment.
XX Chantelle

Comments

1

I'm jealous! LOL!

Glad the elbow is going well.. good luck regarding the tendons.

Hectic here, we are getting the house and property ready for sale so not online an eighth of the time I usually am. So glad you have a good bunch of mates.. makes one hell of a difference enjoying new experiences with great people.

Only the second win from the radio station LOLOL! You got shares in it Chantelle? hehe

Luv ya

Lori xxx

  Lori Feb 5, 2010 9:20 AM

About chantelle

December 1st

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.