Existing Member?

Canada Trip Life is what you make it, so make chocolate cake :)

As the Sun Sets on Feb 28th 2010

CANADA | Sunday, 28 February 2010 | Views [536] | Comments [1]

As the sun sets on Feb 28th 2010, so it does on the Winter Olympic Games, as it also marks 6 months away from Australia.. I have learnt a lot in the last 6 months of my life, feeling like I am a wiser and stronger person and knowing that my limits are not my limits anymore.
I got to experience something that not many Australians can say they did, I went to 2 Olympic Events, I went to 8 of the free concerts in the Village, I even managed to get on TV back home not once but twice! I saw countless Athletes, today met the new Olympic Luge Champion, from Germany, amazing stuff hey! I am feeling a little on the tired side now, time to rest up a bit in time for the Paralympics and Telus World cup.. oh yeah the Winter Olympics is not all! there is still 3 more events to come, Winter Pride starts next week... NO rest for the wicked so they say.
I kinda feel like at the moment... "where to now?" its almost a feeling of being lost.. direction is not the easiest thing to find.. I need to work now to save some money, to I think head off to the east side, possibly... might go back country... bah ramblings are bad! lol
But what I have discovered is that there is not much point really me hanging around here in what turns into a down hill bike riding place, when I cant ride a bike downhill *elbow issues* I think I will give it a go to see if I get pain or anything but if it hurts then there isnt any point pushing it.
I will have to wait n see what happens to decide... its all a bit of wait n see at the moment. kinda sucks, I need to focus on getting better but I want to focus on what to do... its a bit of a mind game.
I spent my last weekend (21st-23rd Feb) in Squamish, with a friend who showed me around the place, we went to the *beach* which was really nice, I had to refrain from taking my shoes off and running madly thru the sand, we saw the Cruise ship "The Mona Lisa" docked about 300m away, it was there to house the security for the Winter Olympics... we went to a place called Shannon Falls, magical big waterfall just out of Squamish. We had Sushi for dinner (YES- Chantelle had Sushi, there is always a first for everything) we saw the movie "Avatar" Spectacular, completely not what we expected... played PS3, and also managed a heap of chill out time too... was good to get away for a little bit and see the inside of a different town...
I am thinking I might move there come summer, its cheaper and might be able to save some more for the next life chapter *what ever that may be*
Well enough of my ramblings. I need to have some dinner and chill out. :)

Comments

1

Hello! Sorry I havn't been online much, have just moved house this past week.. you wouldn't think it, but moving next door (yes, we moved next door to our old place) is actually pretty hard work! I was determined we wouldn't need to hire removalists as technically our new living room is about 15 feet from our old one.. how wrong I was. Who knew our piano would be sooo heavy? lol. Anyway, we're in, and back online. *sigh of relief*

Loving all your new pictures, and have had lots of fun reading back through the blog entries I've missed. You're starting to sound a bit restless, which makes me think there might be some exciting reading ahead! But your right about the elbow, it needs time to heal and that should be first priority. (doesn't mean you can't plan, though :)

Hope your well, make sure you keep us in the loop.
Danni xo

  Danielle Mar 10, 2010 2:24 PM

About chantelle

December 1st

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.