Existing Member?

Canada Trip Life is what you make it, so make chocolate cake :)

Fractured Times Ahead

CANADA | Thursday, 21 January 2010 | Views [613] | Comments [4]

Well, for those who dont have facebook wont know about my awesome fall whilst snowboarding on Tuesday and my very frustrating times since and still to come.
I was coming to a stop after coming down a slope, leaning back to dig my board edge in I leant too far back, so I put my arms out to break my fall in doing so, my right arm hyper extended and dislocated, I immediatly bent my arm putting it back in place, but was still in A LOT of pain... the mountain paramedics were there within like 30 seconds and next thing I remember is getting out of the patrol truck at the hospital... went for xrays and they showed up with 3 fractures in my elbow.... fun fun, I had a CT scan to make sure that one of the fractures will heal with out surgery, in which I find out the results of Tuesday *Aussie day*
so now im just resting it up with hope that it doesnt need the surgery... and then I can get back to working with really awesome people.
PS I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

Comments

1

ooh not good mate... hope the results come back the best they can be. someone at work is going thru rehab for a broken elbow at the moment and she is recovering well so if she can u can too :)
stay positive and keep smiling, chat soon

  ali Jan 22, 2010 10:13 AM

2

sorry to hear about your little accident hope all is well soon your results come back positiveand you can get back to having an awesome time keep us posted and the photos are great too.

  denise dance Jan 22, 2010 12:19 PM

3

Silly C! I told you *not* to break anything! :)

I hope you're feeling better soon though. I'll be online this weekend for a chat.

Get better. This time, listen to me. :P

  Heath Jan 22, 2010 6:32 PM

4

And there was I, expecting to hear of your latest adventure and find you have an injury instead. So sorry Chantelle.. not good eh? Hoping you won't need surgery.. the old man, practical as ever said 'Hope her health insurance is going to be ok!) We send our love and hopes for a speedy return to normal.

Lori & Mike xxx

  Lori Jan 23, 2010 2:18 PM

About chantelle

December 1st

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.