Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- day 10

THAILAND | Friday, 25 March 2011 | Views [429] | Comments [1]

 

Today feeling a little under the weather (maybe even a little drunk still!) after a big breakfast at Ricky's we stuck to our timetable and headed off to Wat Po: which is this absolutely massive Buddha statue that is lying down. We are wondering if the temple he is in was built around him....? He is completely covered in gold leaf and the soles of his feet have imprints made of mother of pearl (There are photos in the gallery which give you a good indication of how big this guy is!)

Then we took a boat over to the other side of the river to Wat Arun: Which means 'Temple of the Dawn' It is so tall and is covered in mosaics. The steps are very steep going up into the centre of the temple which has 360degree views of Bangkok.... Needless to say Ross was shitting his panties(he is really scared of heights) but made it up and there are even photos to prove it!!!

:) :)

On the same side of the river is the big hospital so we decided to make our way to the Forensics Museum which is open to the public....... must have been the Thai public cause there was not one sign or map in English so we had no idea where we were going! We finally got the courage to ask an armed guard where it was and we were personally escorted there by one!!!

Inside the museum was the corps of Thai murderers and rapists that had got the death penalty, photos and remains of car crash victims, people who had been shot, stabbed and even still born babies bodies that had been given to science... The worst of it though was this guy had contracted Elephantitis from a mosquito... His ball was the size of an extra large watermelon!!!!!!!!! they had it in a big glass jar to preserve it too... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

By 4:30pm it was time to get a massage and chill out. We have found the best massage parlour called Spa Athit just across from Bhimann Inn where we are staying. 150Baht for half an hour ($5) but the quality is so much better than what you get at Khao San Road..

Well off to dinner now probably just something yummy and cheap on the street......

Goodnight everybody

love Nell and Ross xx

P.s and yes Uncle david all we do is eat caus thats what we loveeeee doing. and i really want to go to a drag cabaret show!!! we will see xx

Comments

1

+

yes nell all i would b doin is eatin n drinkin n sleepin too

  g/dad Mar 25, 2011 9:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.