Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok day 9

THAILAND | Friday, 25 March 2011 | Views [362]


Today we had our first day apart! We was good having some me time- I had a pedicure, went shopping and wasn't harassed once by the tuk tuk drivers! Ross must make me look like a tourist or maybe I am starting to get so brown (from the sun) that I'm starting to blend in..... hahahha

Ross had a great day at the Meditation workshop with the Monks. He came back all zen'd out and is preaching that by meditating you will find yourself.....hahahhah I'm not that into it but he really wants me to go and do the workshop to check it out.....We'll see......

At 7pm we went and got a drink at a new bar called 'Good story' and then had dinner at a place we found in our Lonely planet guide (which is just around the corner) called 'Hemlock'

-----The Best dinner out we have had since we have been away!

We had four dishes: a char grilled Bangkok beef, Thai steamed snapper fish, Tom Ka Gai soup (chicken and coconut) and a pork and prawn salad...... all this plus 2 carafes of wine for 1000baht ($33 AUS)!!!!!!!! (There are photos in the gallery)

On the way home we had a drink at the Jazz bar again, they had a different band on and were sensational! We also stopped in at 7/11 and bought a bottle of vodka and this yummy apple/mint soda water....

We sat out near the pool/river at our hotel and drunk until the early hours..... So much fun. I love it here. Never want this holiday to end.............

Love Nell and R Boss x

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.