Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- Day 4

THAILAND | Saturday, 19 March 2011 | Views [439]

 

After yesterdays escapades for breakfast we thought we might try downstairs at the hotel restaurant-- Bad idea! Hahhahah we are just having no luck with breakfast and I just can not bring myself to have curry or chicken noodle broth for breakfast!

Well at least there is a good coffee shop that does decent coffee and is where I am always writing to you guys from as it is an internet cafe as well!! It makes me happy in here, but mum no where does soy!!! :( so I have been drinking skinny lattes on cows milk!!! :(... think I am going to just start having double espressos again!

Later on we walked to the TAT which is the Tourism Administration of Thailand and got some brochures on the islands and how to get there.... we think we are going to go by train overnight! :) :) They were really helpful and gave us some great maps.

We then caught a cab to Chinatown. Again there were lots of material shops and almost every stall was full of little girls hair accessories that you can buy in bulk packs!

We found on lane which was like the grocery lane. I had never seen anything like it! Piles and piles of herbs and seafood and hanging meat it was crazy! We found a stall that did Dim Sum and got some dumplings to takeaway--- you have to take away everything as there are s many people you can hardly move!

We got the boat back to our stop and I had been eyeing off these pants for days ( The fashion is big genie looking fisherman pants) which are good quality and cost me 200 Baht ($6.74),,,, This was a little steep but they are good quality and I should get lots of wear from them! On the way back to our place we stopped down at the park at the end of our street which is along the river, to watch all these people doing this outside aerobics! Ahahahhahahah Georgia there was a 'Thai Vera De Milo'! There are pictures in the gallery you would have loved him!!! hahahah

--- Anyways we worked out that this outside aerobics is funded by the government and they happen all over Bangkok at different times and is free to the public... How cool is that- imagine it in Australia, it would go off!

We had 'Roti Mataba' again for late lunch which was awesome- I had a beef masaman curry, YUM!

Tonight we are having a quiet one- we have been doing so much walking my legs feel like they are about to drop off! We are also feeling the effects of the polution here, the fumes, rubbish and drain smell is semi getting to me. CANT COMPLAIN----- IM NOT WORKING!!!! ahhahahah

Still loving all the ups and downs that come with travelling.....

Love you all lots!

Love Now Now and Rboss xxxxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.