Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- day 2

THAILAND | Thursday, 17 March 2011 | Views [400] | Comments [1]

Sa wat dee ka (hello) everyone!

Today we got up and headed straight for the Grand Palace which is where the King lives. In Thailand the King and the Royal family are deeply respected and there are pictures of him everywhere on the streets! His house is amazing and there are so many temples etc surrounding it (you can see photos in the gallery) When we arrived we were told we werent dressed appropriately (no skin showing at all) So we went and bought a top for me and some long pants for Ross: we got totally ripped off! Well we didnt know this until we saw a lady selling the same thing down the road for 150b less! TIme for us to get a little bit more ruthless with our bargaining!

We are starting to feel less and less like tourists now, as we are starting to know what the prices of things should be and the best way to get around is by boat. (Great way to see everything and its cheaper than taking tuk tuks, where you get ripped off easily.

We went to dinner at a place called Bo.Lan which we had booked for 2 months ago! It is meant to be really good and have an enormous amount of accolades. To bad the amount of food was just too much, it would be been amazing otherwise. (you know that absolutely awful feeling your goign to throw up when you've eaten too much! hahahahahahh Anyways there is heaps of photos in the gallery from dinner. We would probably give it a 7 out of 10; Only because it was too large amount of food and we thought it would be more a gastronomic version of Thai cuisine---- We kinda felt that there was no difference between the food and the stuff on the street if you loooked hard enough (which would have been heaps cheaper).

We are getting massages everyday for 100baht for an hour and getting a washing done for 30baht per kilo ($1) Ross is sick with a cold and wont stop sneezing and spluttering(not working has caught up with him) and Im starting to feel the same way! :( The weather is really weird too- its like cold and rainy- we are wearing jumpers and long pants... This just makes the experience better though cause we can do more cause it isnt as hot!

ANyways im off, enjoy the photos. love nell and ross xoxoxxo

p.s Elijah im yet to find an Iphone but will keep you updated. xooxoxo

Comments

1

its greg,s n uncle roberts birthday 2day 19th

.raining in toowoomba 2day

miss yse 12.04pm

  gran dad Mar 19, 2011 12:59 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.