Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- Day 1

THAILAND | Wednesday, 16 March 2011 | Views [459] | Comments [4]

Well all I can say is BANGKOK, BANGKOK, BANGKOK! We love it here!

The people are so nice and everything is so cheap!

WE have been reading our lonely planet guide on Bangkok for a while and really preped ourselves on being bombarded with noise and pushy people- A big city... But in actual fact everything seems so calm, peaceful and relaxed. The people are not pushy in the markets like they were in Kuala Lumpur and I am not getting stared at by all the creepy men when I walk down the street.

We arrived at our hotel called 'Bhimann Inn' and basically started jumping up and down with joy at the sight of our room! Its definately not new in any respects but its large, has a window (which is a complete luxury after the room in KL), has a pool and a restaurant down stairs. We are about 3 blocks from the Backpackers haven 'Th Khao San Road' which is just far enough to feel a million miles away from the hype.

Once we had settled into our room we went for a walk to 'Th Khao San' and had a 30 minute massage for 100baht which is equivalent to $3.44 AUS THe ladies were so nice and taught me how to say thankyou in Thai. Which is 'Korp Kun Ka' for a girl to say, and 'Korp Kun Krap' for a boy to say. Ka- is something I have to put on the end of every sentence because i am a girl. (so i bought a phrase book and I am now saying Hello - 'Sa Wat Dee Ka' to everyone I see! hahahah I must look like suck a tourist!

We then looked at all the stalls (Georgie the shopping is so good, it is all little floral dresses like the ones you wear!) and got a beer at this place for $1. At a little stall we had lunch our first Pad Thai- which was made in front of us by this little old man and it cost $1 (It is just so cheap here, we can live like kings on the budget we have set which is $100 after our accommodation) So Ross is goign to get his teeth done tommorrow and I am buying an Iphone 4. Ross's fillings are goign to cost 500 Baht each! which is $17.20 AUS! its just incredible!

The pool at the hotel was our next stop because it gets soooo hot during the day, so Ross bought 10 beers for $10 or 290Baht.

We love it here so much we are thinking we are goign to stay for 2 weeks instead of 1, just beacuse it is so massive (10 million people) and there is so many parts to explore.

Well I am out- check out the photos from our first day in the gallery. Off to 'Bo.Lan' tomorrow night ffor dinner can not wait!

Lah Gorn Ka! (Goodbye) and i love you all xoxoxo

P.S mum you would love it here! We are going on a family holiday in the near future! xoxoxo

Comments

1

sounds amazing!!!!! love to go to bankok with you darlxxxlove to rossxmum

  mumeeee Mar 16, 2011 9:00 PM

2

Hi nell nell how much are i phones because could you beable to bye me one aswel and wen you come back there will be money aside for you mum will be holding on to it love always elijah.

  ELIJAH Mar 16, 2011 9:13 PM

3

i mean would you be able to

  elijah Mar 16, 2011 9:16 PM

4

Sounds like you guys are having soooo much fun!!!
Nothing to report yet.. bubs still baking :)
mwah xxxx
Re and Wayd

  Re and Wayd Mar 17, 2011 11:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.