Existing Member?

The Road Less Traveled By Serving to systematically document my travels on my journey to self-disovery. In reality, thoughts, musing, and experiences as I attempt to travel to as many worldly destinations as possible.

Day 56: Returning to School

KENYA | Wednesday, 24 April 2013 | Views [248]

                                                    Monday it was back to the Light School. Unfortunately, since the students had their exams, the teachers were spending the entire day marking, so there wasn’t anything productive for me and Kelsey to do aside from simply hanging out with the kids. It was good to see them, but I hate being at the school and not teaching or doing something that will benefit their education; that is why I am here, after all.

Kelsey and I spent the afternoon at the Special Needs School. Two new volunteers arrived while we were gone, but only one of them was there – the other was still on safari. We all hung out and helped feed the kids, and then watched Finding Nemo together. It was so much fun to see it again, especially after going snorkeling and having seen a lot of the fish! The other girl arrived home later at night, during one of our routine power outages. They are both very nice, but are only staying till Saturday. Still, it’s nice to have the house full again.

About cfleisch10


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.